Just introducing myself.

DrCrippen

Reaction score
Well, let me first say that I have been messing around with Orbiter for about two years now I guess.
I found it by chancing upon the Wikipedia page one day while looking for info on upcoming flight simulators.
I love flight simulators and flying in general and I have always wanted to be a pilot.
So anyway, I found it, installed it, and was simply awestruck by the sheer awesomeness of it all.

Too be honest, in three years I have only managed to go to the Moon and back and to reenter from the various space stations. Just the other night I was looking to find out how to do more and google led me to here.

I do not make a habit of joining forums because I never feel as if I can contribute much but after spending a few hours looking around I hope I can learn from you all and really expand my Orbiter capabilities.
(My goal is a Mars mission once I figure out how to link up with the ISS, baby steps)

Oh, and before anyone asks, no, Im not a Doctor, Im a chef. My screen name is in honor of a wrongly convicted ancestor of mine. Actually, hes the reason I never became a doctor. As a young boy I grew up in Dubai. During a visit to our British-trained pediatrician, I told him I wanted to be a doctor. He laughed and told me that I would have to change my name.

Its probably funnier if you are British.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already done so, take a look at "Go Play In Space", it's a wonderful guide to getting started (or as helpful reference material when I have a Homer Simspon moment).
As far as getting to the ISS, Tex has a great video tutorial (found here in the tutorial section oddly enough). I managed to save quite a few kilos of fuel after watching how it should be done, rather than the brute force method I was using before.

Happy Orbiting!

kevinvr

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and Yes, Go play in Space is a great place to start. Dansteph's UCGO addons and the DGIV are easy to use and great fun too!
Enjoy Flying with Orbiter!!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey there, welcome to Orbiter-Forum! :welcome:

DrCrippen

Reaction score
Tex's tutorial was the main reason i joined.
It was exactly what I had been looking for.

Im am happy to announce that after watching it (twice) I was able to successfully launch and dock with ISS. This was much sooner than I expected and the tutorial was a huge factor in that.

Thank you guys very much.

A few more practice runs and then its off to Mars.