KSC Trip Part 4 and Some Disappointment

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
So, the launch was a bust. We sat out near a causeway in the pouring rain waiting. There was an interesting "glowing" dolphin that came up to less than two meters in front of the group though, while we were there. Eh, I guess I'll try to catch the coverage on NASA TV when they reschedule it. It was pretty interesting to see it lit on the pad in person though...

We're heading out to the CCAFS museum today, to try and lift the mood about the scrubbed launch. Oh well.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
The History Center, or the actual Museum on base? And which causeway?

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
History center. A causeway that leads up to Jetty Park, it has a great view of LC-41, and the VIB.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
You mean the Samuel Phillips Parkway? Right outside the CCAFS gate? That is a great place. My personal favorite, second only to Banana Creek. I commend you on your choice, and I hope you had fun!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Yep, that's the one. It was a nice area, especially on Friday morning. Eh, it was unfortunate that the launch was scrubbed twice, but it was fun going there and seeing the Atlas V on LC-41 with the spotlights all on it. It should make seeing the launch live stream on NASA TV all the more special since I've got to head back on Tuesday. All in all, a fun experience, even without the actual launch.

Last edited: