KSC Trip

ADT187

Reaction score
In October, I am finally making the trip from the UK to Florida! :)
Its been a number of years to wait but hopefully will be worthwhile!

Will be spending about 3 days in the KSC local area, and am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on some good ways to spend the time?

Regards,

Alex

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
1. A visit to KSC.
2. Another visit to KSC.
3. Yet another visit to KSC (and Disneyland, if there's time)!

:)

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
The KSC visitor center looks good.
I MUST Travel there. :woohoo:
wIll the allmeighty :pobe: help me, that my parents get enough money for holydays in the US and a visit there.
:hail::probe::hail::probe::hail::probe:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks very interesting, and Florida is a nice place for tourism anyways !

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
In October, I am finally making the trip from the UK to Florida! :)
Its been a number of years to wait but hopefully will be worthwhile!

Will be spending about 3 days in the KSC local area, and am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on some good ways to spend the time?

Regards,

Alex

If you're staying in Orlando, there's always Disney and Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. But since you say you're in the local area, go check out Cocoa Beach, or eat at some nice Port Canaveral restaurants over looking the Port (I recommend Fishlips :thumbup:). Also, there's the Valiant Air Command Museum in Titusville, featuring F-5's, F-4's, P-51's, and the ever famous C-47 "Tico Belle". And that's outside the KSC Visitor's Complex. Once you get to the KSC VC, you can check out the main park (which includes the Shuttle Launch Experience, a T-38 on display, and Rocket Garden), then take the tour (includes going down the crawler way, the LC-39 Observation Gantry, VAB/OPF drive-by, etc.). Later on down the road, there's AHOF (Astronaut Hall of Fame), which has a lot of neat stuff and activities to do. And if that's not enough, there's the newly opened US Air Force Space and Missile Museum:

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108130321

That's all I have to suggest. Central Brevard County is a really fun place and I hope you enjoy it :cheers:!

ADT187

Reaction score
Cheers guys, im more excited already!! :) I'm airline flying in europe at the moment, and everything just goes dead around Oct so hence the 'summer holiday'!

The US Air Force museum looks awesome! Thanks Star Voyager, I might have walked right past that one. Am very interested in the early shots, so will be right up my street!