Support Lag on Contact with Lunar Surface

ThatRedMelon

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any
Hello,
Whenever I try and land my lunar module of any Apollo pre made mission, the PDI from P63-P66 works perfectly. However, at the end of P66 about 1 second before the lunar conctact light illuminates, my game lags to about 1 frame per second and seemingly doesn't stop until I painstakingly switch to P68. Due to switching to P68 seeming to fix it although I am not sure, is the lag due to Virtual AGC being provided with too much computational demand and my CPU cannot handle it?
Many thanks.

Last edited:

Thymo

I like breaking things
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nassp.space
Virtual AGC uses a fixed memory cycle of 11.7us. So the load on your actual machine should be about to same no matter what program is running.

The only issue I can think of related to the AGC (and this is a long shot) is some issue with the counters getting continuously updated when RCS is trying to hold attitude on touch down, but I'm not completely familiar with how those are implemented. I doubt it suddenly causes an issue though.

meik84

Reaction score
Hm. From time to time I have the issue that during bigger events (staging, LV sep, liftoff...) the sim slows down to almost halt. Maybe this is related to that. I don't think that the LGC is the culprit here. The computational load in P66 is a lot lower than in P64, so when something in that relation should happen, it has to happen in P64.

ThatRedMelon

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any
I have checked in spot view during lunar landing and the lag seems to occur the exact time the sensor legs touch the surface. I then assume the problem to be with collision detection however the lag also occurs during separation between stages. This could be an issue of a collision between the ascent and descent stages but I am not sure.