Lagrange MFD 1.0 for Orbiter 2016

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Announcing Lagrange MFD!

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7070"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7070[/ame]

Lagrange MFD is an Orbiter 2016 MFD utility to allow you to explore the Lagrange points of Sun-Earth, and Earth-Moon. It's based on a highly accurate state integrator designed by Keith Gelling.

This utility plots your orbit in 3 dimensions, with pan and zoom, and the ability to reference different focus points. You can then predict a hypothetical burn, to achieve an encounter with one of the Lagrange points. The auutopilot helps with orientation, burns, and station-keeping.

Thanks to Keith "Keithth G" Gelling for his guidance and teamwork putthing this together.
Thanks to Dimitris “dgatsoulis” Gatsoulis, Brian “Brian J” Jones, ZT “Nicholas Kang” Kang for testing support.
Thanks to Szymon “Enjo” Ender for ModuleMessagingExt co-developent, for MFDButton framework, and his technical assistance.

Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this MFD Andrew! Finally the Earth-Moon and Sun Earth LPs are easily accessible, opening up a new region of the solar system for us to play with.
Also great big thank you to 'KeiththG' for everything. Wish we'll see him back here soon.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You are very welcome! I thought it was about time the community got a chance to try out this new utility.

It's statically linked so there should be minimal VC redistributable problems. However, it's built on Visual Studio 2015, so I suspect the Linux / WINE emulation guys may still have issues. (Try it and let me know though.)

If there's a big demand for this for Orbiter 2010, then please shout. If so, I'll down-port it to the old Orbiter.

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
I've always wanted to put one of my HUMONGOUS IMS spacestations at the L1 point in the Earth-Moon system. Hope this MFD is compatible with IMS 2.0.

Dantassii

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Great job, Andrew! Why no official O-H post on O-F?

I recommend that if it is "easy" to make an Orbiter 2010 version of anything, that it be done. IMHO, there are still a lot of things that work more stress free in Orbiter 2010 and it is still a worthwhile thing to have. (Edit: See Dantassii's post above for example. AFAIK, IMS is still an early WIP in Orbiter 2016 but has its working version in Orbiter 2010).

I guess the last navigation frontier for Orbiter is low thrust?

Last edited:

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've always wanted to put one of my HUMONGOUS IMS spacestations at the L1 point in the Earth-Moon system. Hope this MFD is compatible with IMS 2.0.

Dantassii

Let me know! It should be compatible, especially as the IMS is a new build. Generally, I only have issues with ancient vessels from O2006 or earlier.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score

For anything that provides an acceleration slightly above 1 milli-G, IMFD seems to be working fine. (Tested for Earth-Moon & Earth-Mars journeys).

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great job, Andrew! Why no official O-H post on O-F?

I recommend that if it is "easy" to make an Orbiter 2010 version of anything, that it be done. IMHO, there are still a lot of things that work more stress free in Orbiter 2010 and it is still a worthwhile thing to have. (Edit: See Dantassii's post above for example. AFAIK, IMS is still an early WIP in Orbiter 2016 but has its working version in Orbiter 2010).

Good question! I had a time-out on O-F yesterday trying to post the package. On refresh, I saw that it had added to OH, but no corresponding link in O-F. I refreshed the package, but that did not trigger a new O-F thread.

Mods - can you manually fix up a link in the usual place for this, and move this thread across?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

I've released a compatibility version for Orbiter 2010. This time, the usual O-H announcement worked. Strange!