OHM LagrangeMFD 1.5 for Orbiter 2010

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes it does work, although it's a bit crude at its current state. Jarmonik himself posted that "This add-on does require some work to become really useful". Hopefully somebody will work on it.
The direct comparison is of course with the excellent "Videnie orbit drawing 1.0" by Artlav (although it only worked in Orbiter2010, no graphics client), which has quite a few drawing options to be (de)activated on screen.

I'd suggest you start a thread in the add-ons request section detailing what exactly you found missing in the current code base. That way, interested developers know what things people would find useful. Just saying "look at videnie for pointers" is a bit cheap, as few folks will go and do their own investigation just for the heck of it. In addition, summarizing your findings is something even non-programmers like you can contribute. Regularly updating such a thread with new ideas/concepts/comparisons would also help to keep visibility high in order to attract potential contributors.

Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
So far I notice that the frame of reference sometimes changes undesirably when the focus changes. Haven't read the documentation enough to know if this is intentional, but I would say, it is undesirable. I think the map focus should not affect the frame of reference.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So far I notice that the frame of reference sometimes changes undesirably when the focus changes. Haven't read the documentation enough to know if this is intentional, but I would say, it is undesirable. I think the map focus should not affect the frame of reference.

Can you give me a scenario and a repro?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
No. Just a casual observation.

Perhaps I'll do better "post-beta" testing later.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No. Just a casual observation.

Perhaps I'll do better "post-beta" testing later.

I've not seen this problem - hence asking for a repro. Let me know if you can make it happen consistently.

Nick Kang has a big tutorial on short final... landing soon.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey couldn't this be used for the Genesis Mission or Herschel and Planke mission?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey couldn't this be used for the Genesis Mission or Herschel and Planke mission?

It's the technical basis, yes, but the Lissajous orbits are beyond the capability for real-time calculation right now. But yes, if you get to a Lissajous orbit, then Largrange MFD could predict the future orbit for you.

The L4/L5 points are interesting as start points, as they are marginally dynamically stable. (Think curved bowl the right way down, versus the L1-L3 points being the top of a curved bowl the wrong way up.)

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
v1.1 pushed to O-H, for compatibility with the O2016 version.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
v1.5 released today, same as the Orbiter 2016 version. More eye-candy on the Lissajous plots!

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Continue discussions in the Orbiter 2016 thread here... https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=38232

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks - glad you like it. I was working with @BrianJ on the Genesis mission visualization. We were discussing how to discover new Lissajous orbits (and lamenting that it's a brutal problem). We'll stick with this visualization to start with! At least you can drop into an orbit and try actual or hypothetical burns to play with the orbits around these LP's.

EarthMoonExplorer

Reaction score
Error...
I downloaded the MFD
It is activated in the Modules tab...
status=activated.png
... but it's missing in the MFD's list in cockpit view:
Page1-2.png

I did not edit a file

Last edited: