Problem Launch MFD 1.3 for Beta 2009

othoudt

Reaction score
Well I was glad to see Launch MFD for the latest Beta come along but after installing it I don't have a HUD in the DG4 anymore. Any kind of HUD, no matter if I hit the keyboard "H" or if I use the HUD button on surface or orbit MFDs. Anyone else having this problem?

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
the HUD was disabled for the 2009 releases as it didn't work. You'll have to live without it unless Enjo can fix it or find someone to help him fix it.

Fixerger

Reaction score
Oh... i noticed that too... Btw... i've performed successful launch with it to ISS... :p No CTD found... but sometimes gor 2500km after some buttoning...

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I've recompiled and linked the MFD against newest BETA as it was, but the HUD drawing was crashing Orbiter, so I've disabled it for 2009. I have no idea what may be the reason and yes, I think I won't be able to fix it myself.

BTW, check out the newest Orbiter's license:

You agree to comply with the following conditions:
You will not modify any of the binary codes of the Orbiter software in any way. If you publish a library module for Orbiter that uses undocumented features of the orbiter programming interface, or links to the orbiter core in an undocumented way, you must state this in the documentation for the module, and advise users of potential incompatibility of the module with future Orbiter versions.

We could theorize if the incompatibility was done on purpose because Dr didn't like it ( I don't think so ), or he simply changed the internals so much, that Agent's and others' hacks won't work anymore as they are now, hence such an additional condition in the license I think.

Oh... i noticed that too... Btw... i've performed successful launch with it to ISS... :p No CTD found... but sometimes gor 2500km after some buttoning...

It's good that it still works, but for that 2500 km I'd need an exact sequence that leads to this. My work and studies (in the same time) keep me busy enough currently, plus you wouldn't realize how much Launch MFD is community driven :)
*Enjo points at Launch MFD's Copyright notice :)

Fixerger

Reaction score
BTW, u can ask Martins about that issue with HUD on 2009 beta thread. I'm sure he will answer you...

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I'd have to have more knowledge about HUD drawing than I have. In fact I have no idea how it's done there and these days I have other prioritie$...