Question Launch MFD: When, when?

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Okay I am a bit confused about LaunchMFD. Situation is like this:

lmfd.jpg

Want to launch in the next hour for Moon interception. The problem is that LaunchMFD doesn't count down to 0 (Time to Intersection). It goes down to like 2800s and then "resets", wanting to wait another rotation. Can anyone help me here?

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I find you;re okay even if it resets, I took off at the 2800s and was still able to do a direct flight over to Brighton.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Yup, just what I did. Obviously, with these kind of launches a few seconds or minutes don't matter much. Was just wondering because it just gives no warning at all...

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
For going to the Moon, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend using Lunar Transfer MFD (LTMFD), from the same developer of the fantastic IMFD, and available on the same website.

You can program you flight, setting up a specific ground base to target, then use its launch program. It will tell you exactly when to launch, just like Launch MFD.

I too found the same thing as you reported when targeting the Moon in Launch MFD. LTMFD, being designed specifically for Earth to the Moon and back again navigation, will not have its launch countdown timer "reset" as it were.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
It's a bug that has been reported to me already. The MFD behaves incorrectly only for celestial bodies. I haven't found any obvious errors in the code so far, therefore the fix won't be easy.
I second Cras' recommendation.