IMFD Leonov and IMFD does not work together?

Joe Indian

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been playing around with the "Leonov" vessel (2001 add-on) and I cannot find out how to use it with IMFD. Whenever i try to activate IMFD orbiter crash or error message appears that ther is lot of ships in configuration.
Do I anaything wrong? Can any one to help me?
With other wessels everything works fine.
Thanx a lot.
Joe

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
No you don't do anything wrong.
When in a scenario are too many ships the mfd doesn't work. Because when you look in the scenario editor of press F9 you will see that some parts of the ship are own ships.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Maximum number of vessels is 16. It should be OK to delete unnecessary vessels from the scenario. I'll try to increase the limit for next version.

Joe Indian

Reaction score
Thanx a lot

Jarmonik first of all thanx for IMFD, it is my favorite nav tool.
But removing other ships does not help at all, because Leonov's construction is nice but a little awkward. Now i see it is composed of more than 40 "ships"-parts, it is crazy:suicide:. So no flight from Earth to Jupiter, no rescue misson :(
Ok thanx again all of you.
Joe

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No, actually, the vessel count shoud be unlimited in IMFD 5.3. It's only limited in 16 IMFD instances per a vessel. So, there must be something else wrong. Let's see if I can reproduce the CTD with leonov.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

But removing other ships does not help at all, because Leonov's construction is nice but a little awkward. Now i see it is composed of more than 40 "ships"-parts, it is crazy. So no flight Joe

I just downloaded and installed leonov and can't see anything like that. There is no CTD either. Could you give some details about what leonov are you talking about ? and where to download it ? and what scenario is needed to produce the CTD ?

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes it looks like the vessel is build from multible smaller vessels. I made three copies from the leonov and that made 91 vessels in total. I couldn't detect any problems with IMFD 5.1 or 5.3. But IMFD 4.2.1 is not working and there is nothing I can do about it. But sofar I haven't been able to reproduce the CTD.

So, what version of IMFD produces the CTD and what scenario is needed ? and what do you do before the CTD ?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yes it looks like the vessel is build from multible smaller vessels. I made three copies from the leonov and that made 91 vessels in total. I couldn't detect any problems with IMFD 5.1 or 5.3. But IMFD 4.2.1 is not working and there is nothing I can do about it. But sofar I haven't been able to reproduce the CTD.

So, what version of IMFD produces the CTD and what scenario is needed ? and what do you do before the CTD ?

I think the problem is with 4.2.1. I also had this problem with Leonov.
The newest version I think works.

Joe Indian

Reaction score
Yes it was with with IMFD 4.2.1. The latest version of IMFD I did not tested yet. I will try it. Thanx a lot. Joe