OHM Level 8 Uranus UPDATE

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: cristiano corti

Level 8 texture for planet Uranus.
A better and more accurate texture, with the addition of an high altitude clouds layer (the white ones).

Changes to your Uranus.cfg file:

; === Cloud parameters ===
CloudAlt = 98e3              ;altitude of cloud layer
CloudRotPeriod = 100e3
CloudShadowDepth = 0.7
CloudMicrotextureAlt = 14.496e3 3650e3

; === Data for the Visual ===
MaxPatchResolution = 8            ;highest sphere patch level
MinCloudResolution = 1         ;cloud layer from this resolution
MaxCloudResolution = 8           ;highest cloud resolution level

DOWNLOAD

Axel

Drive Technician
Reaction score
Good job again, i used your old Uranus Level 8 too. But i like it more with the original orbiter cloud settings, that looks more harmonious, else the clouds are looking a bit to sharp and different from rest of the planet. Only the "MaxCloudResolution" did i set to 8 because your new nice cloud tex.

Cristiano Corti

Reaction score
Thanks Axel! After so much work on this addon, I'm happy you like it! I understand your point of view. What can I say is that I tried to figure how can look like these high altitude clouds on a low orbit. My reference was the close up of these similiar Neptune clouds, because there are no much data for Uranus. These clouds appear similar to those familiar on Earth, with the same shape and shadows... very different from the rest of the gassy surface. Anyway, several combination of the setting can give the effect you prefer. I will upload soon an update for Neptune with cloud layers, and other works for the outer planets... :)