Launch News Livestream: Copenhagen Suborbitals launch today of Nexø I.

RGClark

Mathematician
Reaction score
Website
exoscientist.blogspot.com
"Today we launch the Nexø I rocket. This rocket is the next step towards our goal of flying an amateur astronaut into space. Standing 5,6 m tall, it’s our first fully guided and liquid fuelled rocket, It demonstrates systems like thrust vectoring and ballute/parachute descend, Launched from our sailing launch platform in the Baltic Sea east of Denmark, it will reach a 6-10km before landing back in the ocean by parachute.In the coming years the systems and technology tested on Nexø I will be used to build the big Spica rocket and space capsule."

Bob Clark

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Jump on this video now (10.25 ET Saturday for me right now!) ... it's live. Loving the mix of Danish and English. Mad Viking rocketeers ... it's so cool...

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:15/centery:55/zoom:9#

The launch is East of Bornholm island. Directly south of the southern tip of Sweden.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Looks like the engine stalled, well, another one for the Baltic Sea.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good launch at 10:36ET but rocket fail on initial ascent (probably did a few thousand feet altitude though). The rocket slewed horizontal then dived straight down. Good news though ... the rocket is floating, whilst they vent off the unused propellants.

"It's a success because no-one was harmed, and we got the rocket up!"

Awesome, guys, great test flight!

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Good job for Copenhagen Suborbitals! :cheers:

I was quite surprised to see all that "traffic" around (and so close to) that floating launchpad. They were so concerned about those two vessels violating the safe area, and then they were in the immediate proximity themselves. Ok, it was not an Atlas-V, but still!
Having lived up there for a few years, I know Danish people care about safety procedures and laws (wearing goggles on New Year's Eve down in the streets, and such)...that just surprised me.

Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I don't think that it is safe that a recovery boat approached the failed rocket so quickly. There still could have been fuel and an explosion risk.