Problem LTMFD and Eagle Transporter

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Haven't fired up Orbiter in a while, then a co-worker shows me some teasers from Space:2099 (wait til you see the new Eagles!) and it got me itching to fly the old Eagle Transporters again.

I'm trying to get from Earth>Moon using LTMFD, which so far is an AMAZING addon, but it doesn't seem to fire the RCS when doing a TLCC burn. Has anyone else had an issue with this? I'm using the tutorial provided with LTMFD as a guide.

Thanks!

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you want to do a TLCC with the RCS system, go to "Program Menu --> Program config --> Engine" and change "Main" to "RCS fore". Now all burns will be done with the RCS fore system. Remember to change back to the main engine before the LOI.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry if it is a nooby question, but did you press the execute button?

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

I just did a test with a Delta Glider, and it fired its RCS system just as supposed to.

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:lol: not noob, but maybe more than a bit rusty! Yes I did, tx, countdown came and went, MFD showed that it was burning, but the thrusters didn't fire and my trajectory didn't change

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My only guess then is that you used a spacecraft without RCS fore and aft systems. I'm not that into how Orbiter API and LTMFD works, but it can be that the spacecraft you flew only had RCS fore, and you chose RCS aft.
Which spacecraft did you use?

Or of course, maybe the RCS fuel was depleted.

If everything seems OK, but it doesn't work, I would recommend you to re-install LTMFD.

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm using the most recent versions/patches on the Space:1999 Eagle and Moonbase Alpha. I just ran it again and same thing, I manually fired my RCS to make the correction and everything else worked fine after that.