Problem LTMFD

richard1967

Reaction score
jarmonik or anyone else that can help. im using the LTMFD which i can get to the moon. I also can land and dock with the CSM but on my way back to the earth TEI i use the TEI in LTMFD press mode and change to reentry then i click exe then dv for the burn amd i to understand the 6.00 deg for reentry i do a teicc burn using rcs engines but when i reach the earth i turn retrograde and i start to come in lovely glow from reentry but then it stops and i skip off the atmosphere ive tried this 6 times and the same result any ideas

thanx in advance

richard

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
What ship are you flying? I see you docked with the CSM so AMSO?

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
I just flew the mission. I did two MCC's, the second was at GET 138, and used a 6.45 degree reentry angle like Apollo 13. All went well all the way to splash down.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you simply hitting the Retrograde autopilot? You may want to try adjusting your pitch before and during reentry to prevent skipping.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
Are you simply hitting the Retrograde autopilot? You may want to try adjusting your pitch before and during reentry to prevent skipping.

Ahh good point. I Jettison command module at 1M altitude then engage Retrograde AP and I leave it on untill the fireworks are over.

richard1967

Reaction score

how do you control the pitch any suggestions i do just hot retrograde after jettison thought the ltmfd was setup for reentry i thought i might be coming in too fast wasnt sure

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Up and down keys on your numpad. The method used in AMSO is not authentic though, the real Apollo used roll during reentry (NASSP replicates this method, but I'm too dumb to use the pack).

richard1967

Reaction score
look your all still not helping please anyone with any help please i havnt been on this in a long time i know its got to do with a tecc burn which slows you down before you hit the atmosphere delta v im using ltmfd i think i read its setup for you all you have to do is do the burn come on guys i need real answers

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, these are good answers. :blink:

You seem to have set up your TECC correctly. Instead of just hitting Retrograde and reentering, modulate your pitch to get a better reentry profile. Pitch down to reduce lift to prevent skipping.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
/me shrugs... The manual for AMSO is a good starting point, it specifically outlines dynamic pressure and pitch limits.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
how do you control the pitch any suggestions i do just hot retrograde after jettison thought the ltmfd was setup for reentry i thought i might be coming in too fast wasnt sure

Ive never had to adjust my pitch. When is your last MCC? Are you making sure to check your ReEntry angle as it will have probably changed since the first MCC. What altitude are you jettising and turning retrograde?

richard1967

Reaction score
IT'S DONE it out the thing is u cant adjust your pitch the amso has aotopilot that adjust the angles for you during the reentry i had to do a burn close to the earth to slow the apollo csm down it was the speed not the pitch ive done differant missions from apollo 11 to apollo 16 and all go to the moon and splashdown on there historical landings sometimes the times are just out but ive done it

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

will doing a tutorial on youtube soon for the Luner Transfer MFD:thumbup: