Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Horizontal design

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
did you read my post? there have been worse blunders than that in spaceflight already, i think poor harness construction is nothing compared to stranded EVA, destroyed heatshield and exploded SM, all of which we have already seen in spaceflight

I did read it, but if you engine blows up or your struck my a meteor or debris, or anything of that magnitude you'll be dead in an open or closed craft anyway. The original LM was pretty flimsy and wouldn't have survived any serious accident.

As for poor harness construction... I daresay that a simple harness is the last thing you're going to worry about being badly built or not performing up to specs in a spacecraft with thousands of moving parts and critical components.

Mine is just a proposal and a question: is there any rationale for not wanting a cabin-less lunar lander?

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mine is just a proposal and a question: is there any rationale for not wanting a cabin-less lunar lander?

I suspect comfort would be an issue. If there's a HAB on the surface, an un-manned lander would be just as good.