Reaction score
M-III Stage 01

95oZGTU.png

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I finally got the F9R grid fin animations to work for my model. (there are also some RCS blocks now)

JlF4ISD.png

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
71UxEhR.png

I think I might put a "frosted-over" effect this time for the sake of realism.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

or should I just forego that depiction just like what I did with the M-II - this is especially the case for landing, the stage won't be very frosted as it is mostly empty of propellant.

Unless there was some way to have an actively changing texture dependent on the amount of fuel (like how the XR2 and Antares [fictional Italian space capsule] heatshields turn hot red/orange during re-entry)

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I recently got the leg animations to work, and I also moved all the decals to the interstage as you probably wouldn't see them on the tanks if it was launching in real life (same reason for the M-II). Also, the texture will still be frostless like the M-II add-on.

SisJp1Z.png

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, finally making some progress after shipping my computer cross-country from college:

pWAIhSo.png

q0x80cl.png

(exhaust is a modified version of default textures. There are also RCS blocks in the second stage mesh)

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I installed Visual Studio on my new PC but when I tried to open my project, I got this error:

OZ5Qi3a.png

"The element <VisualStudioPropertySheet> is unrecognized, or not supported in this context."

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score

Is this a different version of Visual Studio than you used with this copy of Orbiter before?

Did you try removing earlier converted property sheets (OrbiterSDK/resources/*.props) and converting them again in the new Visual Studio (by opening 2 stock, unconverted examples of a vessel and a plugin)?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I am using Visual Studio 2015 Community (same as the last PC).

Actually, when I downloaded Orbiter, the property sheets in OrbiterSDK\resources had the file extension .vsprops. So I got this error:

RIiHX6e.png

and I had changed it to .props instead of .vsprops.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
RIiHX6e.png

and I had changed it to .props instead of .vsprops.

That's the problem. You don't simply rename the files, but need to go through conversion process of the .vsprops files into .props.

Just open for example CustomMFD and ShuttlePB samples (or other vessel and plugin) in Visual Studio to do a full conversion of the property sheets.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been doing some tweaking over the past few weeks.

(disclaimer: the screenshots below have increased contrast levels)

NumxO0X.png

O7I7JqT.png

Y4uyWPN.png

GdrJcfR.png

fDkiLnw.png

v91nmOJ.png

iR1PNJE.png

iE5TM7V.png

fEI2mMi.png

Comparison of F9 and M-III first stages:

EPH5DK7.png

Yes, there will be minor changes to the Negishima base .cfg. (make sure to back up that file)

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When I compile the code for the whole rocket/second stage in "debug mode," there are no errors. But when I compile it in "release mode" as I am supposed to, I get an LNK2001 error ("unresolved external symbol _fprintf") related to "line 1" of OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib.

On closer inspection, it turns out to be linking to the wrong location (...\Desktop\M-III_rocket\code\M-III_stage_02\M-III_stage_02\OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib(OrbiterSoundSDK40.obj), which didn't exist) instead of what it should be linking to (...\Desktop\Orbiter\orbiter_m\Orbitersdk\samples\ShuttlePB_project\OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib(OrbiterSoundSDK40.obj)). I don't know why it's trying to do that.

I have tried putting the latter filepath in (Project Properties):
VC++ Directories -> Include Directories
C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories
Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies

Which works in debug mode but doesn't in release mode, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Places like this tell me I should include the libraries under Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies but I already did that. It's just trying to link to the wrong location for some reason.

g0NwkVB.png

I also tried copy-and-pasting that .lib (and also OrbiterSoundSDK40.h) to the "wrong" location, it still didn't work.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Folders where libraries are should be in the "library folders" variable, not the "include folders" variable. Try putting the correct folder into the "library folders" entry, and then having the .lib name (without the folder) in the additional dependencies.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Folders where libraries are should be in the "library folders" variable, not the "include folders" variable. Try putting the correct folder into the "library folders" entry, and then having the .lib name (without the folder) in the additional dependencies.

I tried it, and it didn't work.

rGQK3bk.png

Might the warning have anything to do with this? I don't know, because I used /NODEFAULTLIB and it only multiplied my problems.

1fqJGI2.png

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Did you try rebuilding the whole solution (or cleaning and building) after the changes?

Are you trying to link C++ runtime statically or dynamically in your project? If statically, add msvcrt.lib to ignored libraries, if dynamically, add libcmt.lib to the ignored libraries. Some of the additional dependency libraries you link against may have the conflicting libraries included in their own dependencies. Otherwise try switching between static and dynamic linking to make the additional dependencies happy.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did you try rebuilding the whole solution (or cleaning and building) after the changes?
It didn't work.

Are you trying to link C++ runtime statically or dynamically in your project? If statically, add msvcrt.lib to ignored libraries, if dynamically, add libcmt.lib to the ignored libraries. Some of the additional dependency libraries you link against may have the conflicting libraries included in their own dependencies. Otherwise try switching between static and dynamic linking to make the additional dependencies happy.
Adding libcmt.lib to ignored libraries got rid of the warning, but it still linked to the wrong location.
6Bo4mYD.png

Adding msvcrt.lib got rid of the errors related to OrbiterSoundSDK40.lib but instead gave me errors related to "M-III_stage02.obj" and "OLDNAMES.lib." Keep in mind that the project name is called "M-III_stage_02.vcxproj" with an extra underscore, but the .cpp file is called M-III_stage02.cpp.

XAa3daQ.png

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Problem solved: I had to compile using the multi-threaded (/MT) runtime library instead of multi-threaded DLL (/MD). Debug mode was using /MTd.

sgFAKV1.png

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I had to compile using the multi-threaded (/MT) runtime library instead of multi-threaded DLL (/MD).
That's what I call static vs. dynamic linking of the C++ runtime. :p

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
M-III v0.1 now available!
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6962"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6962[/ame]

edit: why do I always forget something - updated to v0.1.1 fixing the missing M-III pad mesh

Last edited: