Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I suppose being a complete beginner I shouldn't be so serious about it. :dry:

Right, I guess I'll proceed with the doors opening. And then my goal is to launch my satelite. At what altitude should I be launching it, 300Km or well bellow 270KM or 260KM.

It depends on the satellite, what kind of mission it should perform. The HST is for example in 600 km altitude, because it has no engines for reboosts, so it is deployed as high as possible with the Space Shuttle.

Other scientific satellites are deployed intentionally low (about 250 km) for observations or measurements. The lower you deploy it, the sooner it will also decay and burn up.

richfororbit

Reaction score
It depends on the satellite, what kind of mission it should perform. The HST is for example in 600 km altitude, because it has no engines for reboosts, so it is deployed as high as possible with the Space Shuttle.

Other scientific satellites are deployed intentionally low (about 250 km) for observations or measurements. The lower you deploy it, the sooner it will also decay and burn up.

Yes, orbital decay. Oh no it isn't the HST. I loaded one scenario and the shuttle was already in orbit next to the HST.

I'm notsure what to do once my objective is complete. I guess I can just end it there after seeing the satelite orbit the planet for a while or actually attempt after a landing anywhere on land on the day light side of the planet.

I won't go nutty about not landing on a runway.

I managed to land not quite conventional, but compared to my other tries they were a disaster with the orbiter sliding around. I landed with the nose up, a bit of hard thump, and that was that. In reality the landing gear would of been damaged.:huh:

I did save the scenario, so I'll check back at the satellite I launched.:hailprobe:

Attachments

• landed.JPG
    landed.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: