General Question Making a Debug config into a Release config

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In Visual Studio, there are the default-provided Debug and Release build configurations.
I understand that the Debug build will link against the specific debug libraries, which requires that any user running it install a version of VS.

The release build links against the redistributable libraries, which allows more users to successfully run it.

Is there any way to turn a debug configuration into a release configuration (e.g. make a normally-debug configuration link against the redistributable libraries instead) or vice versa?

For my current Orbiter addons, I just manually copy the build path/output path/other configuration options from the debug page to the release page. It would be easier if I could just copy the debug config and just replace the "linker" option, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Is there such an option, or do you always just have to edit an existing Release configuration to link correctly?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You can edit properties of "All Configurations" at the same time. You can select that from the drop down list in the dialog box.

Anyway, a much better and faster solution for configuring projects would be using property sheets provided by the Orbiter SDK.