Map 3D Menu and zoom

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I worked a little bit yesterday. The animated menu introduced many bugs. The current implementation is cleaner than ever. animation are easy to do now.

Buttons has changed too to reflect what Nulentout told me to change. He was quite right but what he wanted wasn't so simple to do. I've made half of his proposal.

The manual zoom and orientation wasn't quite good too. You needed to release the key to take your modification in account. the zoom is now continuous. But It intoduced regression in the scale choosing.

I need to correct it first.

Bug List :

• Continuous zoom trouble : replug scale.
  • part of the hidden orbit is shown (a little segment)
  • sometime the hidden part is not hidden at all.

Modified todo list :

• Centre on planet and align with a different item (my orbit for instance) :
    Important point because I use always half of the screen by centring on the main object. I need a more accurate way to centre object that depends on the auto-scale.
  • auto-hide and show menu + animation when disappear. (almost done but bugs should be corrected)
  • auto-scale with a optional period. Today when you chose a scale, it s set once. if the distance changes it isn't auto-updated.
  • show bases and pads : very important point and also last in my list because it will need new features in my object selection.
  • show orbit elements for other orbit than current vessel.
  • And last but not least add a target object (perhaps remove the look at feature and replace it with "target to"). This target will have a new pages with information relative to current vessel (distance....) the target will have a different colour to to be visible differently.