LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
LordCroussette submitted a new addon:

Meiringen - The Air Force Base Between the Mountains - The Swiss Meiringen Air Force Base brought to Orbiter 2016.

I could give a small description of the base, but I think I'll let Tom Scott do it for me.

Watching this video, I noticed the geography of the base and, after taking a look on Google Earth, decided I had to make it for Orbiter, because taking-off and landing between mountains sounded fantastic. So, I did it!

A Swiss Air Force Delta-glider skin is also included. To use it, add the line "SKIN SWISSAIRFORCE" to a Delta-glider by editing a scenario. A...

Read more about this addon...

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Beautiful scenery :)

By the way there is a useful option in Google Earth, so-called "Historical Imagery" (in the "View" menu), where you can choose maps of different years (and colours). For example, the "default" (left) and one of the "historical" (right):

111.png222.png

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you.

As for the historical imagery, I am aware it exists and used it in the past. However it doesn't always look better that way. Here, the blending between each 'section' is a lot harsher than with the default imagery. If I only covered the runway, it wouldn't have been too bad, but I also covered the area around. At least in the default imagery, the sections are somewhat blended together and make it a bit easier on the eye.
1693006635891.png