Idea Mercury and Gemini add-on improvements

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nah, not complete just yet. Still need the fueling pipes, telephone poles and a few assorted odds & ends.

THEN, I can start on the gantry animation...

Y'know, I think I need 2 more arms or a 48 hour day!

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OMG! The one and only 80mileshigh is with us! How (and where) have you been?!!?

If you go back around the middle of the thread, you'll see the splashdown stuff we did 3 years ago may finally see the light of day ('bout time, eh?).

Good to see you're still with us!!!

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
OMG! The one and only 80mileshigh is with us! How (and where) have you been?!!?

If you go back around the middle of the thread, you'll see the splashdown stuff we did 3 years ago may finally see the light of day ('bout time, eh?).

Good to see you're still with us!!!

Thanks! I've been busy with work, study and travel. I've kept half an eye on orbiter developments in my absence, but not for a few months and your work here is an awesome surprise.

Good to see the splash down stuff coming to life, that was fun to model.

I never released the ATDA as I figured Rob would release it in an update of Project Gemini. But if you guys I releasing updates, I might as well, huh?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Nah, not complete just yet. Still need the fueling pipes, telephone poles and a few assorted odds & ends.

THEN, I can start on the gantry animation...

Y'know, I think I need 2 more arms or a 48 hour day!

I know it's not complete :thumbup: I've seen real pictures of the pad :) !

I think you really need to break the work into several releases. It's just too much for one man working on it's free time. It's understandable that the motivation is to do a 100% modeled pad, but even as it is with no animations it seems very usable. Also, the feedback from a beta release (perhaps just a link on this thread, not OH for now) might be helpful (missing files on zip, performance issues, etc).

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I never released the ATDA as I figured Rob would release it in an update of Project Gemini. But if you guys I releasing updates, I might as well, huh?

I was hoping to get an okay from you to release your ATDA with this Gemini "expansion" pack. I've got a launchable version based on your model pretty much done (just need to finish tweaking the cfg for it).

Either way, its just too damned good not be be out there! Let me know which way you want to go with it...

I know it's not complete :thumbup: I've seen real pictures of the pad :) !

I think you really need to break the work into several releases. It's just too much for one man working on it's free time. It's understandable that the motivation is to do a 100% modeled pad, but even as it is with no animations it seems very usable. Also, the feedback from a beta release (perhaps just a link on this thread, not OH for now) might be helpful (missing files on zip, performance issues, etc).

I've seriously considered this issue many times. At this point, I'm pretty much comitted to releasing the whole kit 'n kaboodle as one large add on. No promises mind you, but I'm aiming for late January.

BTW: A nice pad terrain at LC14 sure would make the picture truly complete...:leaving:LOL!!!

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
I was hoping to get an okay from you to release your ATDA with this Gemini "expansion" pack.

Do it! :thumbup:

Have you found any sources on the ATDA's specs? I was looking yesterday and found the mass is listed at astronautix, NASA, and wikipedia as 794kg, which is lighter than what I had in the original config. Don't know if that's dry mass or not? Or what the fuel quantities, and RCS specs are etc...

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Couple of quick shots of the new gantry (yes, it will be animated)...

NewGantry.jpg

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Due to a totally unforseen family crisis, this project is being placed on hold for the short term.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just remember, I can finish some stuff for you.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, I send my prayers along also !

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words.

After 5 years, out of the blue, the love of my life decided that we were done. I still don't understand. Probably never will, but needless to say, I'm devastated.

My son and I are with my sister for the time being and I don't know when I'll be setting up my PC. I may not bother till we settle into out own place in the coming weeks.

But again, thank you for the kindness, and to those of you who may be spiritual, please say a prayer for us.

Thank you again...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Wow... My heart hurts just reading that, Saturn V. Best wishes to you and your son.
I know no one here will mind if you don't even think of Orbiter for a while.