General Question Mesh Artist discussion of 3d Parts for VC

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
I'm looking for an artist who has completed 3d meshes for cockpit controls.
Things like Toggle switches, guages, dials, knobs, translation control, joystick and the like.

I don't need someone to do the work for me, I'm looking for someone who has already done the work, and might share resources.

Panel mesh artistry with textures is a plus.
Please respond in PM or here for additional discussion.

Thanks in advance.

I'm working on VC and ISPR stuff for my station, and in general I'm looking to elimenate some scratch drawing work.

Any sources you can suggest, or files you can provide are welcome. I'll do the assembly work myself, I'm just looking for royalty free premade parts.

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
I'm looking for an artist who has completed 3d meshes for cockpit controls.
Things like Toggle switches, guages, dials, knobs, translation control, joystick and the like.

I don't need someone to do the work for me, I'm looking for someone who has already done the work, and might share resources.

Panel mesh artistry with textures is a plus.
Please respond in PM or here for additional discussion.

Thanks in advance.

I'm working on VC and ISPR stuff for my station, and in general I'm looking to elimenate some scratch drawing work.

Any sources you can suggest, or files you can provide are welcome. I'll do the assembly work myself, I'm just looking for royalty free premade parts.

I'm looking for the same as well, for the CST, so if anyone responds, you can send them my way.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Check out my Jason spacecraft.

Attachments

• JasonVC.jpg
    JasonVC.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
and Orion

Attachments

• cockpit_setup.jpg
    cockpit_setup.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 34
  • OrionVC4.jpg
    OrionVC4.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 21

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Awesome Don, Dials, Switches, Translation controller, everything I could put to use in my station, May I? Please and thank you.

I really like the additional touch with the sight radical, however I'm not sure could put that to use. The Keyboard is quite unique, I've seen different arrangements on MFDs, but not laid out horizontal like this. Very Nice!

ky

Reaction score
I think I can model the translation toggle based from that, as well as some of the switches, using this picture as reference
index.php

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sure, no problem. How would you like the mesh ?

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Sure, no problem. How would you like the mesh ?

I have a mesh to max converter script that works well, but 3DS or Autocad native files are just as good. Of course Texture files would be handy as well.

Or just give the OHM links, and I'll download the right package. I noticed there are three JASON packages.

I could not find Orion.

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I think I can model the translation toggle based from that, as well as some of the switches, using this picture as reference
index.php

Nice, I have not seen that reference photo, is that from the recent media day?

ky

Reaction score
Nice, I have not seen that reference photo, is that from the recent media day?
No, I found that on NASA Spaceflight forum a few days ago, not many photos of the panel were taken on the press invite day.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have a mesh to max converter script that works well, but 3DS or Autocad native files are just as good. Of course Texture files would be handy as well.

Or just give the OHM links, and I'll download the right package. I noticed there are three JASON packages.

I could not find Orion.

It's in the side-mountSDHLV addon

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4532"]Side-Mount SDHLV[/ame]

ky

Reaction score
Could I also have permission to use some of the meshes? Thanks in advance.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
you may wanna check out the GrabCAD library

just make sure you do something to take down the polygon count on those models...

those are mostly for CAD usage, though software such as 3dsMax can easily import and turn them into a mesh when one isn't available for download...

you gotta register to download, but it's free - just check the authors copyright terms

:cheers:

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com

I've been all over the GrabCad site, and I've got a whole lot of models from them, as well as Partsource, and yeah, the models are poly rich, but I like HiFi models, and if my VC system works out, to get close, you basically will call an ISPR sized high poly fully textured mesh, otherwise you get 2d high quality renders while translating(flying) through the module. The only 3D objects will be things like grabs, monitors, handheld objects or other objects that project out from the ISPR surface more than 6" or so. Especially the Robotic Work Station. I'll spend lots of time making a hi-res version.

I've also acquired dozens of SolidWorks models, that when imported loose the entire texture set. It's a known issue, and yes I will retexture some of the more important highly detailed meshes.

I'm still looking for the cannon plugs used on the HRF experiment, and Express racks. The rest should be fairly easy to replicate. Just time consuming.

I've attached an Excel 2010 file that lists the essential ISPRs and subsystems I'm modeling. And I still have a few decals to find and implement, or I could use some nasty caps from Google and reproduce them one at a time, also time consuming.

Don, I downloaded and imported meshes & textures, they look great, Thank You so very very much, a big time saver!

Attachments

• Systems-ISPRs.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: