Meshing Question Mesh becomes transparent from inside

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I found a life module 3D model for UCSO, imported it in Blender 2.79, modified it, and exported it with Vlad's tool.

The problem is that the module becomes transparent when you enter it or look from below.

2GnsTns.png

MzYL4Ev.png

l4ulMil.png

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Lots of (most of) vessels do this. The content creator has to create an interior for the vessel and have a texture for it. The mesh and texture wizard jedi ninjas here on the forum know various ways of creating interiors, but that's they only way I can do it.

I hear tell that there's a way to texture both sides of an object, but I don't know that trick.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I solved it by using the 'Solidify' modifier. It appears correctly now.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The problem is that the module becomes transparent when you enter it or look from below.

Faces of meshes only face one way, which is defined by their normal. if viewed from the other side, they will not render. This is a general concept of 3d graphics processing, entirely unrelated to orbiter.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Faces of meshes only face one way, which is defined by their normal. if viewed from the other side, they will not render. This is a general concept of 3d graphics processing, entirely unrelated to orbiter.

This^^^^.
Blender can show this "effect" by selecting the option "Backface Culling" (press key "N" and scroll down to "Shading").