Question MFD colors - Yellow/Green Indistinguishable?

Cpt CryBaby

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Space Primates!

Am getting back into orbiter after a long time away.

My apologies if this has been discussed previously. My searches on this and other forums came up negative. But I'm horrible with those search engines. :blink:

My problems is the green and yellow text and graphics in the MFDs are too close in color to each other for me to distinguish.

I can work around to some degree by reading the data instead of relying on the visuals.

But where it shoots me down is when I'm making an orbital sync burn. The highlighted (yellow) data jumps all over the place on the two right hand columns. By the time I lean in and figure out which one is highlighted it has already jumped twice to another location.

Has anybody figured out if it is possible to change that yellow to something that can be differentiated from the green?

Does this even make sense? :study:

Thanks all!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think there is only little you can do currently against it... i don't know of Orbiter allows editing the standard colors inside MFDs.

Cpt CryBaby

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I found a pretty good work around. I just reduced the number of readouts in the sync orbit mfd to 4. not sure why but I had it jacked up to 12. Trying to scan that full list is what was making it tough. Now that I'm watching only four lines i can see which is the yellow.

Thanks

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I just reduced the number of readouts in the sync orbit mfd to 4. not sure why but I had it jacked up to 12.
Ha!
4915593391.gif
There's my lesson for the day. All this time I had overlooked the fact that you could increase the length of that list. I mostly use RendezvousMFD but having a longer list on Sync Orbit MFD will come in handy. :cheers:

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
The idea behind that MFD is the age-old saying: If your eyes aren't bleeding, you're not Orbiting enough. ;)

Um... surely the yellow number dosen't jump around that incredibly fast? If it does, try to focus on a chosen number, and use that, regardless on whether or not the number is yellow or green. Or use a slower time acceleration (depending on your situation, that may or may not help).

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
I have not all these problems...
Maybe do you simply need some monitor contrast/light adjustment?

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have this problem, but I am color-blind. I didn't think that "normal" orbiternauts had this same problem.

Matt Decker

Reaction score
I usually point the mouse cursor at the one I'm shoot'n for. Maybe that will help to narrow them down.

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Same problem also discussed here:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5178

When it comes to Orbit MFD, you can try [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3609"]this MFD[/ame] instead. Its colors are the same as the built-in Orbit MFD by default, but you can change them in a .cfg file.

Is this feature useful for you?