Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
DC Police SUV Hits Bumblebee at Transformer 3 Filming

Oh now this is to frakkin' funny:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=15768

Comment from ThinkGeek, who shared on FB:
So when Bumblebee crashed into DC police this afternoon it wasn't exaaaactly part of Transformers 3 filming. It was just the universe once again trying to tell Michael Bay to stop.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I heard through my contacts at the Cape that an orbiter (didn't specify, or didn't know which one) will be a "deceptagon".

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
The reason Bay filmed at KSC? From a Transformers 3 product description on Amazon:

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are back in action, taking on the evil Decepticons, who are determined to avenge their defeat in 2009’s Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. In this new movie, the Autobots and Decepticons become involved in a perilous space race between the U.S. and Russia, and once again human Sam Witwicky has to come to the aid of his robot friends. There's new characters too, including a new villain in the form of Shockwave, a longtime "Transformers" character who rules Cybertron while the Autobots and Decepticons battle it out on Earth.

Last edited:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
:facepalm:
I guess the ISS is all just a publicity stunt then, and we're still in competition?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On second thought that would be pretty funny, a shuttle with bird wings.
Late reply, but what the heck:
34071b24.gif

(Is Buran close enough? ;))

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are back in action, taking on the evil Decepticons, who are determined to avenge their defeat in 2009’s Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. In this new movie, the Autobots and Decepticons become involved in a perilous space race between the U.S. and Russia, and once again human Sam Witwicky has to come to the aid of his robot friends. There's new characters too, including a new villain in the form of Shockwave, a longtime "Transformers" character who rules Cybertron while the Autobots and Decepticons battle it out on Earth.

I'm guessing the Decepticons will be allied with Russia? :rolleyes:

Mauler85

Traveler out of time
Reaction score
If the children of today are as fanatical as I was... :rolleyes:

I got my Nephew a pair of PJ's that look like the Apollo Launch suits and he loved it. There are a lot of kids who are interested in the space program. I can only hope my kids will be fanatical about it too. Granted it will help that I'll basically do what my dad did and show all the fun stuff about NASA. (I.E. A crap load of my old NASA toys and space toys too.)

Unstung

Reaction score
And here's the first trailer (rather than creating another thread):
I really liked the first 37 seconds, but, afterwards, yeah.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it okay if I say I hate Michael Bay? :blink:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Well maybe this will increase interest for the space program?

I REALLY liked the first 37 seconds, other than Michael Bay got the CM of Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 confused (Apollo 11 did not to my knowledge have an entire panel blown out with debris everywhere) and I liked the accurate, for once, space suits worn by the actors playing Neil and Buzz.. after that though..
:rolleyes:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Oh hai, we're just gonna use the power of plot holes to send a transmission to the dark side of the moon.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I REALLY liked the first 37 seconds, other than Michael Bay got the CM of Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 confused (Apollo 11 did not to my knowledge have an entire panel blown out with debris everywhere)
Neither did that preview. It did have a rather unrealistic firing of the RCS though.

Ark

Reaction score
Somebody needs to explain to Michael Bay that Apollo 11's EVA team was on the near side of the Moon the whole time, and there was never any communication gap.

Who am I kidding. He doesn't care.

michael-bay-south-park.png

"More esplosion! PEWWW PEWWW BOOOM!"

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I hate it when people reduce the entire Moon to something the size of Minnesota in fiction. It has a quarter of the Earth's land area. :facepalm:

But you're right. He doesn't care. :dry:

Unstung

Reaction score
I don't even what to think about what happens to Neil and Buzz for this superficial story.

And now that tblaxland mentions the RCS... :facepalm:

Transformers 3: Ruining Spaceflight for the Rest of Us