News Michael Schumacher will be replacing Felipe Massa for the rest of the season

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Yes, it is true! German source.

He will start in Hungary in three weeks.
Unfortunately, he is not allowed to train with the vehicle until friday practice.

Is anybody else as excited as I am?!? :feedback:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
WHAT??? I thought he said that he is not going to retire from retirement.

OK, that is now the real end of the Formula 1. And the reason why BMW leaves... even if he would be out of training, he would be a too good driver...

E

ex-orbinaut

There is no escape form the Speed Bug. What was that valid comment in the film Le Mans? Something like...

"..the time between races is only waiting for the next one"? (not exact quote).

I start watching F1 again, now. A master is a master, after all!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
SWEET!!! :):)

Will be the longest 4 weeks waiting for the European GP!

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
That is a bit funny.
I thought he would never come back.:lol:

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Wow, I know my father will be most excited to see him again! Always been his favorite driver!

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Well, never say never ;)

I don't think it's easy to retire from certain jobs. Especially in case people retire from something they loved to do for decades and which was and actually still is their life in a certain way. Schumacher never really retired from Formula 1. I think the chance to once again take seats in races really kicked him. I personally love to see certain comepacks. I already was amazed by Henry Maske who took a fight one more time 10 years after retirement.

The King is back. This is the time for me to return watching Formula one:cheers: But more than that: does anybody know a good Formula one simulation? Is there a latest modd for the latest EA Formula one? There were pretty good ones in the past.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this in very bad taste?

Ferrari planning to substitute Schumacher for Massa

Ferrari announced on Wednesday that they plan to draft in Michael Schumacher to replace the injured Felipe Massa at forthcoming Grands Prix, until the Brazilian is able to race again.
N.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
does anybody know a good Formula one simulation? Is there a latest modd for the latest EA Formula one? There were pretty good ones in the past.

rFactor - By default it comes with the BMW Sauber F1 car, however I recommend the following F1 mods for rFactor:

F1 2007 MMG
F1 2006 CTDP

If you're looking to drive 2009 F1 cars download THIS mod, though I've never tried it and it didn't get as good of a rating as the others.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I don't know, it just seems a bit callous while he's still in hospital.
Oh, I see. I don't think it is too bad - the team can't wait too long to make a decision and I'm sure all drivers would be pre-aware of the contingencies that their teams would have in case of their injury (or worse).

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
What surprises, is that they don't have a third driver for this? Anyone could have an accident, or simply get sick any time.

N.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There's no point in having third drivers if you're not allowed to do in-season testing.

Also, this is a particularly stupid idea. At least it'll show the world that Kimi is actually a faster driver than Schumacher though.

V8Li

Reaction score
What surprises, is that they don't have a third driver for this? Anyone could have an accident, or simply get sick any time.

N.

A VERY good point. I guess it's just marketing. I wonder how much he will get from F1...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

N.

They have two test drivers, but they are rather inexperienced and at least for Ferrari, less a choice than grabbing DEEEEP into the pocket to bring Schumacher back (You can be sure, Schumacher will not only return for just the fun of it, though I am sure he will enjoy racing again)

Also, the psychological effect is extreme. 2 days ago, nobody would have bet on one of the Ferrari pilots becoming champions this season, today people believe that Schumacher will win the season automatically.

I doubt that Schumacher is really able to fix all troubles with the car and the team, but I am also sure his skills would make the season more exciting. Schumacher was always able to squeeze the optimum out of the worst Ferrari cars and I am sure even if he his 20% away from his optimal physical shape and reactions, he could do a lot...

And it is also not the worst situation for Massa, even if the public will likely make it hard for him to return into the season and make Schumacher retire again: Who else can claim of having THE formula one legend as deputy?

Moonwalker

Reaction score
rFactor - By default it comes with the BMW Sauber F1 car, however I recommend the following F1 mods for rFactor:

F1 2007 MMG
F1 2006 CTDP

If you're looking to drive 2009 F1 cars download THIS mod, though I've never tried it and it didn't get as good of a rating as the others.

Meanwhile I found out that even my old favourite EA F1 Challenge 99-02 still is supported by modders, and it still does not look too old at all. The latest modd for Season 2009:

f109ch007.jpg

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Kind of sad :'( (not that I don't like Michael...)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Meanwhile I found out that even my old favourite EA F1 Challenge 99-02 still is supported by modders, and it still does not look too old at all. The latest modd for Season 2009:

I used to play that years ago. The over whelming majority of the racing community is now using rFactor. The physics are much better, the multiplayer engine is many many times better with lots of people racing online daily, and there are endless mods available for it.

F1C is a dinosaur today in all respects. I'm actually surprised people are still making F1 mods for it. I once went back and played it after playing rFactor for some time and was very disapponited in the realism of the physics compared to rFactor. Anyway, as long as you have fun with it I suppose thats all that counts. :p