Gaming Minecraft screenshots

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just log in; all mods are server side, so you don't need to do anything, but you may want pvp mods like radar, etc. Since there are no rules, there definitely are some full time robbers on the server who will kill you just for the fun of it. I would recommend you take a little time on the subreddit to read about the mods, because they pretty dramatically affect gameplay. Because the server intends to encourage cooperation, it's difficult, but not impossible to live as a hermit. Things like iron farms and xp grinders have been disabled, as well. And, the vanilla ore distribution has been reduced to one sixth, so you'll have to look harder for iron/diamonds.

What many new players do is browse the subreddits of some of the cities until they find one that appeals to them. If you express your interest to join that city, they will likely set you up with some food/land/gear depending on how they operate.

Ive been thinking... Ive been thinking real hard.:hmm: I might just try to make a multiplayer world on my websites server. Because i am legally a lawyer on my mothers court case i may win the money to run a large multiplayer server(politically themed, no rules except greefing) for about a year. Assuming i can set it up i will allow the orbiter community and then some to join.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Ive been thinking... Ive been thinking real hard.:hmm: I might just try to make a multiplayer world on my websites server. Because i am legally a lawyer on my mothers court case i may win the money to run a large multiplayer server(politically themed, no rules except greefing) for about a year. Assuming i can set it up i will allow the orbiter community and then some to join.

War is a political theme as well, and what is war without (technically) griefing?

PrestonJames

Reaction score
War is a political theme as well, and what is war without (technically) griefing?

Excellent point. There is no politics without conflict. Griefing is an essential, if irritating part of a server meant to facilitate emergent political gameplay.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It doesn't take all that much money to run a server.

Also, what would your own server offer that the current Orbiter-Forum minecraft server doesn't? If there are changes you'd like to see to my server, bring them up in the thread...

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Excellent point. There is no politics without conflict. Griefing is an essential, if irritating part of a server meant to facilitate emergent political gameplay.

exactly, security is one of the reason people congregate to amass resources into a governing body.

It doesn't take all that much money to run a server.

Also, what would your own server offer that the current Orbiter-Forum minecraft server doesn't? If there are changes you'd like to see to my server, bring them up in the thread...

I only know two or three servers centered upon political congregation and in all of them, resources are redistributed as such that necessitates trade, and the tech tree is so modified that it is barely vanilla anymore even though the client is still vanilla.

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Personally I have no problems with people setting fires to huts and blowing up retention walls but I find it hard to understand why a person may trap a player in some laggy infinately running indestructible bubble. That is something that ruins the gameplay.

Well if I had my own server I could make a custom map with larger and more realistic terrain features thus eliminating that horrible fractal terrain. It's not fun when you can travel an entire desert and end up in tundra in 2.5 minutes. For example my development in the east is situated on a desert surrounded by tundra and swamps. All less than a few meters from each other.

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here are some screenshots of my colony in the orbiter server. And the walker pit i just discovered

Attachments

• 2013-11-06_11.20.35.png
    2013-11-06_11.20.35.png
    283.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 2013-11-06_11.23.26.png
    2013-11-06_11.23.26.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2013-11-06_11.23.11.png
    2013-11-06_11.23.11.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 33

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
My enderman farm was a questionable success. If anyone needs me, I'll be in my boat waiting for a rainy day...

Attachments

• 2013-11-17_02.08.32.jpg
    2013-11-17_02.08.32.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 48

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
After going up against hoards of lawyers I have brutally won a court case single handed. Now I have enough money to get a server. Is anybody interested in playing on a server created by orbiter-forums biggest menace? If I get enough interest than I will by the hosting plan.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
some small project I'm working in SP survival

shuttle-wip.jpg

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Redpower microblocks

These are my creations on my friend's specially modded server. They're made of microblocks, part of Redpower mod. It allows to make more details, however Redpower seems to be unsupported anymore, so all my creations are sentenced to death with new MC version...:uhh:

My unfinished Star Trek Nova-class vessel 1:1 with interior, never to be finished...
19-11-2013_zps478b5b8b.png

2013-11-15_17.19.43.jpg

My city:

2013-03-22_01.19.39.jpg

My baroque mansion:

Minecraftzamekzahrady_zps5a4c746a.png

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I've finished sails on my pirate ship on the Hielor's server yesterday, at last. A few screenshots from the exterior and interior:

Main deck and quarterdeck:

Captain's quarters:

Gun deck:

Cargo hold and crew cabin with portal (there's also a jail, not pictured):

Location - orbiterworld: -3500, -60.
There's a ghast free tunnel to it in Nether (no rail line yet). If you want to get into it from the water, the entrance is at stern between the hull and the rudder, access from under the water.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
How do you guys like my snowglobe?

YZeVJhe.jpg

I'm using the Yogscast Complete Pack, so I'm messing around with hundreds of mods.
The castle was picked out of the overworld using an Editable Capsule Station from Chocolate Quest. Warning, do not recreate! Server will lag to death if you try to stick an entire castle in your inventory! I had to mess with files to make this work. I made a Galacticraft space station and plopped in the castle to BE the space station. Then I made a Turtle from ComputerCraft. Downloaded a lua script to make the turtle build a dome. Modified the script so that the turtle would be able to resume progress when stopped and also restock itself on glass. The glass came in via a Dimensional Transceiver from the overworld. My overworld base has a large Applied Energistics (ME) computer hooked up to all kinds of machines, including some basic machines that produce thousands of glass blocks. The base (and currently the space station) get power from a Big Reactor mod reactor, cooled by gelid cryotheum. When the dome is complete (pretty soon today), I'm hoping that I just might be able to stick enough trees, oxygen collectors, and oxygen sealers to have oxygen throughout the entire dome. I fully expect the server to not even try to cope with that much volume, but we'll see! :lol: