Mission Control for Orbiter v1

Chupacabra

Reaction score
ar81: I assume you mean how to use MC on the same PC that you are running Orbiter on?

Simple:
1.Start Orbiter with the OrbConnect module loaded.
2.Start MC
3.Open a command prompt. (From start menu, click on "Run". Then type "cmd" (no quotes)
4.In the command prompt type "ipconfig"
5.Use the given IP address and copy it into the connect screen of MC.

Hope this is what you are looking for.
Any progress davewave? You've surprised me with the current v1.

highflyer23

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forums here But have been using orbiter sim for quite awhile now although I still do not understand the concepts of physics so mainly just use the autopilot on the delta glider Iv from dan steph which i must say is an incredible addon. I know most of the functions of the plane how to power up and down etc... But even with all the tutorial it seems you must have some knowledge of math and physics to achieve orbit :blink: lol. so to the point of this question I downloaded the mission control addon and installed it per instruction i also installed orbconnect and activated it inside the modules section of orbiter. I know my Ip adress and when i enter it inside mc and click connect i get this error

An unhandled exception has occured in your application with the following details

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, RectangleF destRect, RectangleF srcRect, GraphicsUnit srcUnit)
at orbiterMC.Form1.renderMap()
at orbiterMC.Form1.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2407
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
orbiterMC
Assembly Version: 1.0.3096.28220
Win32 Version: 1.0.3096.28220
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Jason/Desktop/mission control/orbiterMC.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/sys....0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2407
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 7.10.6001.4
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/mic...0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is wonderful. I can't wait to see where you take this thing. Would be cool to see voice support w/ time delay added to this app once get though a few versions.... that is if it is possible...

Now how are people going to meet up and use this... cause well.... I wanna do something

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
well as far as voice i use teamtalk and have it setup in preferences/sound events/hotkey pressed and pointed in the direction of the "beep" file (like a nasa "beep" sound.i got mine from space shuttle mission 2007) anyways i setup the server/service on computer A and ran teamtalk 127.0.0.0 locally on it then connected with computer B ...now when i call computer A with computer B the "beep" comes through computer A speakers just like real nasa communications....now we just need a more feature rich mission control.....cant wait for davewave's next version.my 11 year old cant wait to play "nasa" with daddy lol

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
For voice, I would recommend Ventrilo rather than Teamspeak. You can have up to 8 people on a server for free, and in my experience the quality is *significantly* higher than teamspeak.

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
i agree ventrillo is another good proggy for voice...used it for bf2 problem is how do i assign a custom *wav "beep" to the other computer A when i key mike on computer B on a lan/internet?...i know it has binds but i dont know how to use it...can you tell me how to setup vent to do this hielor?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
i agree ventrillo is another good proggy for voice...used it for bf2 problem is how do i assign a custom *wav "beep" to the other computer A when i key mike on computer B on a lan/internet?...i know it has binds but i dont know how to use it...can you tell me how to setup vent to do this hielor?

I have no idea, I've never used binds in vent...

davewave

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
heyo

OMG. I have been away for a while and over 4555 views for this thread!!!
well, the news is that i got a new UBER computer to play OTHER games, but still enjoying orbiter.
I also have the new version of microsoft visual studio but haven't picked up where I left off for mission control.

I think this would become an important component when the game becomes more multiplayer enhanced.

Also, I want there to be a bigger fan base for this game AND I'm waiting for an official release of the new orbiter visualisation project before I spend more time coding because more then likely, EVERYONE will upgrade to that version and the time would be wasted.

Any serious VB programmers out there who want to join the team please PM me or reply here.

Cheers

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have been trying for several months to get understand MCOF. I can get it to run okay, however when I press the "Connect" button, it connects and gets data just once. There is no continual "stream" of data even if I set the refresh rate to like .25s.

Am I missing something?

I also have one recommendation. It has been my experience that is better to allow only one or two connections to the Orbiter instance and then other wishing to connect would connect to the them. Sorta a daisy chain scenario. Can this be done?

vyrago

Reaction score
I have the same problem as Brad, I get one blip of info at connection but then nothing after that. it does not refresh the data at all.

goop

ShipMaster
Reaction score
Awesome I love this addon. I maybe over invisioning but you can redisgn orbiter with this!

Here are some suggestions I well help you if you need it
Build a mission control at Cape Canevarel with the program built in
(Have plugin instaleed of somesort instead of exe.)
Allow for chat with Pilot, (Outside of Irc to avoid congestion)
Include a Camera MFD of sorts that would allow you to view the persons cockpit
Fix the refresher it seems to be buggy

This is last one is a little bit tricky but
Develope a Orbiter MMO server of sorts (There is lots of room in space)

This could be absoluetly awesome! Endless possibilties I can see big things big things if you listen to these suggestions!

Finally How do I describe this addon... oh yeah...
:speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool:

Last edited:

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
seems like this project has been a tad lost until goop revived it after 3 months. id like to see this completed. especially for orbiter 2009

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This is last one is a little bit tricky but
Develope a Orbiter MMO server of sorts (There is lots of room in space)
The "lots of room in space" point is exactly why an MMO wouldn't work. Given the vastness of space and the low population the server would have, you'd never see anyone else.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The "lots of room in space" point is exactly why an MMO wouldn't work. Given the vastness of space and the low population the server would have, you'd never see anyone else.

...so put a pub in it with free beer 24/7 and you'll have a crowded place... :rofl:

Reaction score
MMO for orbiter could make it cool because space stations/space ports would have traffic in them (obviously if KSC and Habana are the only earth bases then you might see people there all the time).

But again, creating a LAN server for your four friends to pull a five vessel mission. I mean, me and my avionic friend really like the idea of him being able to control an airbreathing (winged) first stage and land it properly and I could pull all the space manuvers.

True an MMO for orbiter would be cool, but private LAN's seem like a simpler and more usable goal. The Mission Control program is a great way to include multiple people in on a mission.