Question Mission Elapsed Timer in the GPCMFD

Netjetstech

Reaction score
I have noticed that when I exit Orbiter and restart it using the current state or from a quicksave, the mission elapsed timer (MET) on the GPCMFD resets to 0:00:00. Is this normal and is there a way that I can keep the current MET upon a restart?? Thanks for your help.

Netjetstech

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I exit Orbiter and restart it using the current state or from a quicksave, the mission elapsed timer (MET) on the GPCMFD resets to 0:00:00. Is this normal and is there a way that I can keep the current MET upon a restart?? Thanks for your help.

Netjetstech

You can set it in the scenario file like this:

BEGIN_MFD Left
TYPE User
MODE GPC MFD
ILOAD 0
MODE 1
SITE 1
RUNWAY 0
HAC 0
MET -300
END_MFD

You edit (or add) the MET line. This number is in seconds so in the example the scenario will start with GPC MFD on the left display showing OPS 1, with the MET of -5:00. For a MET of 5h 34min it would be:

MET 20040

Hope that helps.

Zerofay32

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You need to have the GPCMFD as one of the two available MFDs when you exit or save a quicksave scenario, then the MET will be saved. If you don't have GPCMFD open when you exit/save then when you restart a scenario and open the GPCMFD, the MET will have reset to zero. Of course, you can use an ITEM 2 to reset the MET at anytime...

Netjetstech

Reaction score
Thanks zero, by the way, I'm in Groveport, OH!! Just down the street from you!

Thanks for the tip.

What I would like to do is run a mission from launch to landing following the historical timeline using quicksaves. So, if I understand you correctly, I would have to write down the MET before I quicksave and when I restart I would edit my MET line to the point where I saved it and then restart and continue where I left off.

There has to be an easier way =(

Netjetstech

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks zero, by the way, I'm in Groveport, OH!! Just down the street from you!

Thanks for the tip.

What I would like to do is run a mission from launch to landing following the historical timeline using quicksaves. So, if I understand you correctly, I would have to write down the MET before I quicksave and when I restart I would edit my MET line to the point where I saved it and then restart and continue where I left off.

There has to be an easier way =(

Netjetstech

Read my post...

Netjetstech

Reaction score
Just saw your reply David413...that is what I was looking for. I'll try it out. Thanks for the quick reply and help. =)

Netjetstech