Misspelling of surface markers

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Hey! After flying sts missions all night I couldn't help to notice that a surface marker for a city in my province is misspelled its not Sidney , Nova Scotia, but SYDNEY Nova scotia....Does anyone know how i can go in and correct this mind you ive never done work on addons before or even programing......

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Hey! After flying sts missions all night I couldn't help to notice that a surface marker for a city in my province is misspelled its not Sidney , Nova Scotia, but SYDNEY Nova scotia....Does anyone know how i can go in and correct this mind you ive never done work on addons before or even programing......

Not sure, but I think there is a .cfg file for all the surface bases where you can edit it, but Iam not sure though.. ;)

I will have to wait until I get to my home computer...

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, you can open: orbiter\Config\Earth\Marker\Cities.mkr

With notepad, and change the marker from there.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
THANKS! I'll give it a try tonight. I wonder if anyone else has noticed any other misspellings?

Yeah, the same problem with the spelling of Sydney, Australia. I always change this one because I always look forward to flying over my home town and seeing it spelt wrong just doesn't feel right.