Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Did you draw that, Artlav?
Yeah.
I just wanted to practice drawing ponies, thanks to this thread, so i started watching the episodes one by one in order, occasionally stopping to draw.
Or at least that was the plan - the show turned out to be more fun than i expected...
pony_practice.jpg

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah.
I just wanted to practice drawing ponies, thanks to this thread, so i started watching the episodes one by one in order, occasionally stopping to draw.
Or at least that was the plan - the show turned out to be more fun than i expected...
pony_practice.jpg

Great job, man.

Are you hooked yet?

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Are you hooked yet?
I'm definitely warming up to it.
That i'm on a vacation at my summer house on the Adriatic coast and have nothing better to do does not help the situation.
smile47.gif
smile362.gif
smile406.gif
smile56.gif
smile64.gif
smile94.gif
smile47.gif

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Too girly.
Disturbingly so.

---------- Post added at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

In other news, i just had my suspension of disbelief blown straight out of the window.
train.jpg

Why would you need a steam engine if it's pulled by horses ???
Why horses if you have a steam engine ???

I understand that this is a cartoon with talking pink ponies, magic and dragons, but still... Sober sense, hello? Anypony home?

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Too girly.
Disturbingly so.

---------- Post added at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

In other news, i just had my suspension of disbelief blown straight out of the window.
train.jpg

Why would you need a steam engine if it's pulled by horses ???
Why horses if you have a steam engine ???

I understand that this is a cartoon with talking pink ponies, magic and dragons, but still... Sober sense, hello? Anypony home?

The shape of those passenger cars is more off to me than the propulsion combo. How are those economical? They're barely larger than the ponies pulling the train!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now that you mention how he'd hold the gun, I must admit that it'd never occurred to me :hmm:
The Houyhnhnm's from Gulliver's Travels had developed some methodology to use their hooves somehow. And those being literary and MLP being cartoons, I suppose there's some way to accomplish it.

This is something very close to what I had in mind. Far removed from the cartoony image, but something gritty and dirty.
Gunslinger_born_chapter4_variant3.jpg

Aha! Finally someone else who has read the original Gullivers Travels! I read that in my grade 12 English class as an independent novel choice and loved it. I could never think of Yahoo the same way again...

But MLP, bronies...

Umm why? I mean, what you do with your free time is your own business, but why would grown adults be into a kids show?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Umm why? I mean, what you do with your free time is your own business, but why would grown adults be into a kids show?
What's the point of being an adult if you can't enjoy fantasy-ish things any more?

What is it so fundamentally different between an adult and a kid that the former can't enjoy something made for the latter, regardless of content?

Is there a line in an "adult" script that says "thou shall not watch cartoons"?
Well, you have the right to go off the script then.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aha! Finally someone else who has read the original Gullivers Travels! I read that in my grade 12 English class as an independent novel choice and loved it. I could never think of Yahoo the same way again...

But MLP, bronies...

Because, as I stated in posts previous, we like it for the heartwarming stories and the fun of it all. What makes this show different from say, watching spongebob. It's all the same. Like the admins said. You don't like it, you don't have to be a part of it. ;)

What's the point of being an adult if you can't enjoy fantasy-ish things any more?

What is it so fundamentally different between an adult and a kid that the former can't enjoy something made for the latter, regardless of content?

Well, you have the right to go off the script then.

:goodposting:

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Don't we all enjoy fantasy things? Surely every person on this forum has fired up orbiter and had the fantasy of flying in space? After all, orbiter may well be a very good simulator but to fly a shuttle mission or a DG mission is still a fantasy? What about role play games?

I'm 40 years old yet I love Skyrim, Oblivion, Orbiter, FSX and so on. The best part about being an adult is that I can sit back, relax and indulge in those fantasies.

Well, if there is I've broken it. I'll still watch Family Guy and Futurama. Who doesn't love Zoidberg?!

Now, MLP isn't my thing at all but if people enjoy it then more power to them.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Have you seen Archer? It and Bob's Burgers are both hysterically funny.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
All in all, MLP is not quite my thing.
It's an explosive mix of fun and silly.

Watching it is akin to driving a tank on a weak minefield at night - quiet murmur of the engine, gusts of wind, stars clear and sharp above... WHAM, dust, echos, ringing in the ears, quiet night again, rolling bushes in the shadows, milky way across the heavens... WHAM, bitten tongue, and so on, and so on.

Eventually, i quit at the end of season one.
I do like the artwork and idea, however.

So, in memory of the 44th anniversary of the Moon landing:
moon_ponies.jpg

As Dash was readying to be all "One small step for a pony, one giant leap for Equestria", Pinkie just went "WHEEEE!", as many of us surely would.