Multiple Joysticks OR Joy API extensions request

micro_g

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I think we are basically saying the same thing. Getting or setting vessel specific features is not always possible especially if no key binding or API is provided.

I took a look at our code and it is doing the same thing as hotas, just hard-coded.

My concept is to allow remapping of the functions performed by each axis/button/hat based on the task (docking vs hover landing vs high speed scram flying) and enable the use of multiple input devices such one throttle per engine, separate sticks for Lin and Rot RCM, pedals for a rudder etc.. ).

From an Orbiter API point of view so far the only problems I have had is the Camera control which is kind of awkward to move around it center point and get back to it (but maybe it's juts a documentation issue) and the asymmetry between Rcs and aerosurface control. The former have the IncThrusterGroup_SingleLevel method that allow easy coexistence with autopilots as the command from hotas gets added to whatever the autopilots are doing, while the control surfaces only have "Set" function that would peg the value to whatever the joystick is setting (including zero) overriding any atmospheric autopilot.

If anyone could shed any light on the exact dynamic behaviour of the Set, Increment and Increment single step it would be appreciated as I could not work it out.