Humor My flight computer is flooded with tons of outdated and useless MFDs

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Some of them I don't even know how to use, some of them I don't even know what they do.
I have a mod called "Tether MFD" that allows tethering of spacecraft, which is pretty cool and still works in 2016, even though it was meant for 2005.
There is also random Guidance MFDs also. Clock MFD is one of my favourites.
An interesting finding is the Crash Mod. It allows your vessel to break up in the atmosphere into tiny pieces when aerodynamic pressure is strong enough, but since it is a 2005 mod, it worked only once in 2016, leading to immediate CTD.
You will never know what lies in the depths of Orbithangar Mod Website. Tons of obscure mods and mfds made by people who are long-forgotten.
It was an interesting summer sifting through the entire OrbitHangar MFD page and downloading anything that caught my attention.
Sigh... Time to create another Orbiter Install ?

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
You will never know what lies in the depths of Orbithangar Mod Website. Tons of obscure mods and mfds made by people who are long-forgotten.
Which for me raises the question how large the community currently is :unsure: One of the worst things for software like this is when developers and community members disappear... (SSM for example)

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Which for me raises the question how large the community currently is :unsure: One of the worst things for software like this is when developers and community members disappear... (SSM for example)
Exactly. It's sad, but I love going in deep with abandoned things. I go to wayback machine and see all those dead Orbiter IMFD Tutorials, Direct Lunar Reentry video on vimeo that has 13 views but helped a lot, abandoned mod websites and fan websites, etc. Remember William Gilliam? I like his ReFuel Scenarios and Mods, but I can't find anyone who has actually played the scenario.