I just got the AXM STS-97 kit, and this is what I have :thumbup:

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 59

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Nice, i tried to build a paper Saturn V once. Long story, glue all over walls! :lol:

Phillips

Regular witty saying title.
Reaction score
Nice, i tried to build a paper Saturn V once. Long story, glue all over walls! :lol:
Yikes, I've seen many 1/48 Saturn V's, pretty big, require about 3 months. Basically, giant things dont look in scales below 1/100 scale :tiphat:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
That reminds me of when I made a Tu-22M3 paper model in my elementary school days. The thing got so heavy I needed to use cardboard internal structure (in all Russian simple practicality, stapled together), separate assembly for wings and fuselage and copper foil spoilers, aerodynamic surfaces (adjustable). The nose and belly are also copper-clad so it is a reusable, flyable paper aircraft :D

It's massive but it glides really well and lands itself at a 1.5 degree low speed glideslope.

Phillips

Regular witty saying title.
Reaction score
That reminds me of when I made a Tu-22M3 paper model in my elementary school days. The thing got so heavy I needed to use cardboard internal structure (in all Russian simple practicality, stapled together), separate assembly for wings and fuselage and copper foil spoilers, aerodynamic surfaces (adjustable). The nose and belly are also copper-clad so it is a reusable, flyable paper aircraft :D

It's massive but it glides really well and lands itself at a 1.5 degree low speed glideslope.

Do you still have it around? I'd love to see pictures.

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
That was I think ten years ago. As I recall the plane did not last long at all due to humidity and the crappy foolscap paper I used.

There was no such thing as affordable cellphone cameras back then so no youtube video of my russsian engineering :3

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Your paper model looks a little off balance.

Did you use regular printer paper or cardstock?

Your suppose to use cardstock IIRC.

Good model though! I never have had time to get around to build the AXM ISS, though I've built all the orbiters (and my own)