Project N1-L3 Soviet Lunar Program Development

Columbia42

Reaction score
I eagerly await the release of that book and the information in it will definitely contribute to the overall accuracy of this addon.:) I know you've probably got a lot of work going on what with this book so close to release but truth be told I'm always looking for help with 3D models, especially in an addon this complex, as I'm really not very experienced in modeling at all (I mostly do coding and stuff). As I said in an earlier post very few of the models used in this addon were done by me (almost all are by Jean-Marie le Cosperec). So if it isn't to much trouble any help you could possibly offer would be absolutely awesome!

starbase1

Reaction score
Well, if you are looking for anything specific I'll be very happy to help, including things like answering questions, pointing to references where I have the permission to share, and low res renders from the book.

If you want to contact me off forum to avoid clogging it up, email is nick dot peckham at gmail dot com

This was an awesome program, and it deserves to be much better known than it is, so I see you as an aly in the cause!
:tiphat:
:thumbup:

Columbia42

Reaction score
It would be awesome to have your help on this project! For starters, do you have any renders or information about the interior of the LOK? I have found a few photos and tried to construct a virtual cockpit out of that but as you can probably see from the screenshots posted previously, it could still use some work.

starbase1

Reaction score
Potentially useful, and definiytely interesting - there's a Russian site with pictures of a "Soyuz Cemetery"

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=26951.0

Includes capsule interiors.

Also I highly recommend the second video on this page:
http://tvroscosmos.ru/frm/vestidata/2011/vesti01_10_11_1.php

It shows the Nk-33 engines from the N-1 being fitted onto the new version Soyuz! It's in full 1080p HD as well. Towards the end there are some clips of the N-1 at higher res than I have ever seen too - I think there's a bit of upscaling going on, but it's still better than I have found before.

Nick

Captain David

Reaction score
The LK is finally textured!

picture.php

The LK did not have fabric on the legs. There was fabric covering the spherical tanks on the lower part, and completely covering the upper part of the LK. It was a silvery/white color.

In the image below, I have shaded all the areas which were covered with this silvery/white thermal fabric:

6608964569_cc8a645d82_z.jpg

And here is the color of the fabric, as well as a view of how it covered the spherical tanks on the top portion:

6609098411_ef46c1dfd8_z.jpg

The only part that differs is the top rocket block. It was covered with a white fabric.

Also, those two oblong tanks next to the far side of the ladder ... those were not there. There should be a 3 batteries mounted in a frame. The oblong tanks belong to the LOK, and were only added to the LK at MAI because the battery holder was missing and they had to put something there for display purposes. Here is what it really looked like:

6168672730_14664e95ff_z.jpg

Best Regards,

David L. Rickman

Gemini12

Reaction score
is this project dead? I havn't really heard much about it for a while.

rus

Reaction score
Columbia42,Хороший был проект...:thumbup:

niafou

Reaction score
In the near future there will be a functional 2D panel in addition to the VC and someday I hope to have a functional VC as well.
please where is the download for you project named
N1-L3 Soviet Lunar Program Development
with Jean-Marie le corsperc
:hailprobe::)