Scenario NASSP Apollo 14 State Vectors tried ?

TomTex

Reaction score
Hi. At the end of the Apollo 15 trajectory parameters booklet, there are a bunch of Verb 71 numbers written down in series. I was wondering if these are the Pad 71s read up from Mission Control and inputed into the AGC.

If yes, then has anyone tried to input these into a scenario for Apollo 14. And, most importantly, if one does change the state vectors in the AGC during a flight, does the Orbiter config file input those changes and change the flight vector ? Thanks. T

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I answered this in our IRC channel, but the short answers to the two questions are:

1. The Verb 71 data in the G&C Checklist are numbers loaded into the AGC in the case the erasable memory is lost and they can't be easily uplinked from mission control (no-comm case).

2. No, uplinking a new state vector to the AGC does not change the state vector of the vehicle in Orbiter, but it would be possible to do that.

TomTex

Reaction score
V71's were in Apollo 15 G&C checklist

Thanks Indy91 for following up this post. He informed me that those V71 were PAD loads for launch of Apollo 14. Some day i feel those mission State Vectors for each flight will be found in NARA archives in Houston. Then reverse the Orbiter and VitualAGC translation and we can fly the actal mission. Dont hold your breath though.