OHM Nearest Systems

Reaction score
Every time i try to warp it crash's just before jumping to warp,only happens with Nearest systems or USF?

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every time i try to warp it crash's just before jumping to warp,only happens with Nearest systems or USF?

I have no idea why... time after time it crashes to me, too... it started after I began to use Orbiter 2010... it used to crash very ofter during the warp, so I started to turn the HUD and all MFD's(except of warp MFD) off when warping.... I don't know if it helps, but I got used to do this... anyway, it's not so bad now...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Rwarp causes a CTD when my ship's eccentricity w.r.t. Sol is around 0.6, personally. The easiest solution is to just use Artlav's warp drive, or better yet, TransX to get there. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for that Cizurator,turned off hud and other mfd's and warp is working perfect now..........your Nearest Systems add-on is fantastic,think its the best system add-on for Orbiter :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:,just wonder if star trek universe work with 2010P1,keep up the good work your add-on are the best around

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
just wonder if star trek universe work with 2010P1,keep up the good work your add-on are the best around

You can try the STU with 2010P1, but there's no guarantee... It should work, there's nothing unusual, just spacecraft3, some payloads, some docking, only a little bit unrealistic (very big) weights because of stability of the ships with shuttles...but this all shouldn't be problem...

About Nearest Systems:
Thanks for your opinion, it's nice from you to say this...:hail:
I had a lot of plans with this project - more and more ships, stations, cities, everything I could imagine... :coffee:
But I'm really sorry, because I have no time left for any more work... I've just started to study history on university, so I have very little time last days... And what is more, I have a lot of new duties in our airsoft unit now...
I don't want to begin anything, because I would be very unhappy if I couldn't finish it...:goodnight:

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't want to begin anything, because I would be very unhappy if I couldn't finish it...:goodnight:

AbStInEnCe SyNdRoMs HaVe CoME :rofl:

I can't stop creating addons! already working on a new project - realistic manned spacecraft with new own rocket...:coffee:
Sorry for not continuing in the United Systems project, it depends on my mood and actual source of inspiration:hailprobe:

raftdood

Reaction score
Rwarp note

I noticed that for travel to the moon or like within the jupiter system, set the speed of rwarp at 0.1. For solar system between planets travel, set it at 0.999. This stopped it from crashing.

Dmitrtr

Reaction score
I've already read something about a project like "orbiter galaxy"

Anyway, in the beginning I was wondering, if there's any possibility of multi-level building. I'm not a programmer, so I was searching for some ways to create moons of the moons. And I found this way

Planet1 = xxx
xxx:Moon1 = yyy
xxx:Moon1:Moon1 = zzz

and I even tested this:

xxx:Moon1:Moon1:Moon1 = ***

it seemed to work, so I built this all on this.

Yes it works, but this moon invisible in camera menu

Last edited:

fleurenf

Reaction score
This is great..

What I did was combine the 'Nearest System' config file with Orbiter's SOL System config file and created a new SOL Config file.

Now all planets of SOL are included as well as the Nearest Systems :)

The only mishaps that have occurred are:

1. Alpha Centauri A is sucked towards the Sun with her surrounding planets/moons entering the SOL sytem as well.

Quite an interesting combination when looking at the iMFD map view :)

2. The Moons orbit around Earth has been changed. Earth is no longer its orbit but rather it now has an orbit influenced by Alpha Centauri A :)

I use the USCSS-Prometheus ship (created by Jim) out of the movie "Prometheus" and it has it's own warp drive but has a maximum warp speed of 14.5 C and travelling to some systems at 26,500 M Km away took some 23 mins or so in real time to reach.

Quite need actually. :thumbup:

Now to see if Alpha Centauri A can be moved away from the Sun.

Perhaps it was a massive Super Nova that moved the whole System :tiphat:

Last edited: