Problem Need Help with a Spacecraft

Tchail

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'd like to jump into creating my own custom addons for Orbiter. I know a thing or two about 3d modelling, and there's a project that I would very much like to see done in Orbiter.

So in order to help me understand the location of thrusters, engines, and docking ports using Vinka's Spacecraft3.dll, I've created a really simple spacecraft - a flying cube with a texture that shows the x, y, & z axes. There are six spheres (two blue-green, two red, and two yellow) in order to understand the locations of left, right, and the retro thrusters.

The main thruster is on the -Z axis, the docking port is at the +Z axis, the retro thrusters on the +Z axis to the left and right, and the attitude thrusters are located on the eight corners of the cube.

Each side of the cube measures 10m.

(See the attached image.)

The object was created in Maya, and imported into 3ds Max 10. It looks fine in Max, but comes up blank in Animator and in Orbiter.

On top of that, when I try controlling the spacecraft, Orbiter just flat out crashes.

The OrbiterDiagnostic version 2 utility doesn't show anything wrong.

I've bundeled up all of my files and placed them in the following location:

http://www.freedrive.com/file/965635

If anyone can come up with any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Tchail

Attachments

• cube_512.jpg
    cube_512.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 10

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Your mesh doesn't have a texture mapped to it. Open the mesh file with notepad, scroll to the bottom of the file, and you will see it says;

Code:
Texture=1

the zero should read your .dds texture