News Neil has passed away

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Rest in Peace Neil. May his memory live as long as human curiosity drives us forward and upward to the stars and beyond.

Chasm

Reaction score
When I just heard the news of his passing, I cried and there are tears in my eyes as I write this.

We live in an age where words like heroic and legendary are often used to describe the likes of sports stars and pop icons.

Words like legend and hero are truly fitting for Neil Armstrong, a man whose achievements will be remembered and celebrated as long as the human race exists. A brilliant yet quiet and unassuming man who shunned the limelight and avoided the superstar status so craved by others.

As someone who watched Apollo 11 as a 9 year old child, I have never forgotten that day in July 1969 when the human race finally left its cradle on Mother Earth. It changed my life and forever altered the way we as a species look at ourself.

The man has passed away yet his memory will live on as an inspiration to future generations

Rest in peace Neil.

Apollon

Reaction score
The man that united one planet and two different political worlds better than any politician did, Rest in Peace Neil. :salute:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
The world is poorer.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Very sad day indeed; he was the personification of the Apollo moonlandings.
Rest in Peace Neil !
:salute:

ZXS2000

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yesterday I was working hard in my backyard, I thought of Neil being the same age as me when he stepped onto the moon, and how far both physically, intellectually etc I was from where he was then. I grew up dreaming and wishing on being an Apollo Astronaut...I thought yesterday how old he must be...

Then this morning I heard the News, everyone must go sometime I know but this news no doubts saddens all the hearts of those that dream to reach far above the clouds

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Ah jeez... :cry:

Neil, You had an impact on the world bigger than anyone else in history, you inspired generations, and helped unravel the mysteries of the Universe. You will be missed dearly.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I haven't been this upset in a long long while.

I have lost a personal hero today.

He was a hero.

That is all I am going to say about it. That is all that needs to be said.

Tycho

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Neil, and Godspeed. I imagine the view of Earth from Apollo 11 is nothing compared to the view he now enjoys. Best wishes to his family and friends in this most difficult of times.

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What always struck me is he must have known, not hoped but actually known, that his name will be remembered and spoken of in 2000 years time.

Others may of had dreams of such but, will and have, fallen bye the way.

But to know in your heart of hearts that your name will be known and ranks along side the 1st to make a wheel, to form a tool from flint... no small thing.

I still remember clearly watching it live. Plastered my bedroom wall with pages and pages from the newspapers. My father left them up for years after I left home.

He really did change the world

szpw

Reaction score
Neil Armstrong wasn't just a hero to Americans, but his achievements made him a hero to all of humanity. He will be remembered.
Rest in peace, Neil Armstrong.

Keatah

Reaction score
...wow

And just earlier on I was listening to the ghosts inside the SRB.

Last edited:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
He definatively had "The Right Stuff" that real men are made of.

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
He was one of the first engineer-pilot-astronauts and true to Americans of that era, with balls of steel :)

I believe it was in the Gemini 8 mission that the spacecraft began rolling out of control. He corrected the rotation without knowing which way was up and managed a safe landing. During one of the Apollo lander tests he barely escaped in time. Probably his bravest act was on the moon when he took control of the lander in the final minutes before landing as they were headed for rocks and found a way to land safely.

One of the true heroes who inspired millions of children all over the world to take up engineering and science.

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

It is always a forlorn moment when first hand recollections of great historical achievements pass from living memory. This one is the greatest, which leaves its void with us now; the very pinnacle of human endeavor, which was never surpassed to the very day of his passing.

RIP Neil Armstrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrangler

Document Skimmer
Reaction score
Bon Voyage Neil...

I remember the day when I first heard of the name, Neil Armstrong. It was during the a lesson in class 3. I know a lot more today as to how he and Buzz actually got there. And it still amazes me.

To Neil Armstrong... Fair winds and calm seas, all the way to the moon... and beyond!