News Nelson Mandela has died

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well, what is there left to be said about him, that has not been said in the past months after every report of a new phase of illness.

That he died peacefully was likely the biggest achievement, that somebody can expect who went from ones terrorist to everyones hero in a single life.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"Our nation has lost its greatest son" -South African President Jacob Zuma

Nothing more to be said. Rest in Peace.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Don't cry for Nelson.

Stand up and roar!

Roar, and throw your fist in the air! Don't mourn him, praise him! Shout his name!

One of the finest men that has ever lived has died. That fact is sad, but it was coming. Roar his accomplishments instead! Stand up and cheer, play music, celebrate his life!

Nelson Mandela goes to his ancestors in honour and glory, leaving a legacy of peace behind him. He was a warrior of peace; a fighter for Humanity. His gentle strength and quiet nobility showed us just how great Humans can be.
Rest well Nelson! You have earned your rest; far more than most of the rest of us have.

I salute you, Sir.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A page of History is turning.

Rest In Peace, Madiba.

1474433_10152047490487590_1024371550_n.jpg

“Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.” ~ Nelson Mandela, 1996

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
nelson.jpg

Madiba is renowned as a hero worldwide, but especially so here in South Africa. Here he is regarded as a national Founding Father. In the US, banknotes are emblazoned with images of people such as Franklin, Jefferson and Washington. In SA we have Mandela.

image.aspx

Rest in piece, sir. :(

Pablo49

Reaction score
Fortunately NBC stayed classy and didn't accidentally post their prewritten article before editing the dates in.

Wait

ywCwbfu.png

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not so sad, he was 95 after all. No we can celibrate his life.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There are so few words that can express the influence that this man has had on the world. While he gave south Africa a chance of freedom and hope there is still more work to be done in his honor.
God bless Nelson Mandela and his family.

Screamer7

Reaction score
Yes, he was a great man! His legacy will live forever
One of the greatest statesmen and human beings of our time passed away. He was my example, icon and hope for the future. I ll miss him. Rest in peace.
All South Africans will face tomorrow with Madiba not there any more.:(

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
He'll always be there, for the rest of the world.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The irony of life...

Today is not only the official funeral celebration for Mandela, but also the 20th anniversery of him receiving the Nobel Prize for Peace together with de Klerk, and the International Day of Human Rights... somehow a fitting day for celebrating Mandelas life.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Small correction: it is not his funeral, but rather his memorial. The funeral is to be held on Sunday in his childhood home of Qunu in the Eastern Cape.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Small correction: it is not his funeral, but rather his memorial. The funeral is to be held on Sunday in his childhood home of Qunu in the Eastern Cape.

Sorry - my English vocabulary is still limited. :facepalm:

Related events: Obama had been seen shaking hands with with a smiling Raul Castro before his speech... Well, Madiba would sure like it. :tiphat: Not so sure how well this will be received in Murica.

On the other hand, the presence of Robert Mugabe was not even annouced.

But still far too many speeches of far too irrelevant people. It was nice that they had allowed Obama to speak, because he sure was a good choice for that. But he is no Lincoln (The Gettysburg Address fits on a business card - in large letters). Zuma had to speak, sadly. But many others... why torture the audience like that?

Last edited:

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

I'm very sorry to hear about Nelson Mandela. RIP Nelson Mandela.

Cheers,
Vincent