New currency for space travellers

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In my system, rocket propellant is the only currency I'll accept. Any thing else is worthless.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to start a petition to get the Canadian government to change our currency to the Quid. Seriously, this is the most awesome currency ever conceived, screw metal trinkets and paper notes!

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think we'll have standardized currency like we do here on Earth, as we venture into space. In those infamous words: "Space, the Final Frontier." Just like the western frontier in the US in the pioneer days, I think space commerce will be resourced based more than currency based simply because way out at Jupiter, who's going to regulate it?

Chipstone306

Reaction score
Somehow I don't think we'll have standardized currency like we do here on Earth, as we venture into space. In those infamous words: "Space, the Final Frontier." Just like the western frontier in the US in the pioneer days, I think space commerce will be resourced based more than currency based simply because way out at Jupiter, who's going to regulate it?

I think you have a very strong point. There is no governing body to enforce these rules.

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
I am intrigued by the physical side of the QUID. The appear to have put all this money and effort into developing this large, bulky spheroids when they could just use bank notes. Much lighter and spacially economic, which is what counts in space.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
6 pounds in a quid? You're going to need to carry around a LOT of those things if you want to use them to pay for your spaceflight. :p