North Korea kicks out nuclear inspectors

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
It is not a question of the "if", but of the "when" and "where". If terrorists get hands on a nuclear weapon (for example in Pakistan, but also India is a good candidate, even more than Russia), they will sure also be able to obtain a way to use them.

Well .. since I am a proud Indian, its obvious that the purpose of this post will be to refute your "allegations" :dry: . I strongly disagree with you , since India being a stable and active democracy, I don't see why the chance for a terrorist to get his hands on a nuke here is more than for him to do the same in the US or any other nuclear weapon state. The same kind of security is present here too.

But since I have no way of proving my point or for you to prove your point (I think/hope), there is no point in arguing. I will also refrain from saying anything about Pakistan's condition.

~
Thomas

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is an entirely predictable reaction after US did not remove North Korea from the "States that sponsor terrorism" list.

North Korea got suckered into a deal and then ripped off... of course they're pissed off.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Well .. since I am a proud Indian, its obvious that the purpose of this post will be to refute your "allegations" :dry: . I strongly disagree with you , since India being a stable and active democracy, I don't see why the chance for a terrorist to get his hands on a nuke here is more than for him to do the same in the US or any other nuclear weapon state. The same kind of security is present here too.

That you have almost the same technical security, is not the same as the same political or social security. I perceive India not as a stable democracy with only small social differences, but as a developing democracy, with still many trouble spots left, especially in social mobility and protection of religious minorities. You have radicals, and that not really a few, out of 800 million indians. You just need enough radicals in military positions to create risks. The Kashmir conflict is just one reason for people to become radical.

Also, India has it's first real shaping internal conflict ahead of it, in it's democratic history.

But since I have no way of proving my point or for you to prove your point (I think/hope), there is no point in arguing. I will also refrain from saying anything about Pakistan's condition.

Well, we can argue a lot about the condition of India or Germany, without having a real chance of consensus. We both see the others country from the outside and thus with a different view. :cheers:

Still, I think the risk is higher of nuclear material leaving India, as the risk of nuclear material leaving Russia.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That you have almost the same technical security, is not the same as the same political or social security. I perceive India not as a stable democracy with only small social differences, but as a developing democracy, with still many trouble spots left, especially in social mobility and protection of religious minorities. You have radicals, and that not really a few, out of 800 million indians. You just need enough radicals in military positions to create risks. The Kashmir conflict is just one reason for people to become radical.

Also, India has it's first real shaping internal conflict ahead of it, in it's democratic history.

Well, we can argue a lot about the condition of India or Germany, without having a real chance of consensus. We both see the others country from the outside and thus with a different view. :cheers:

Still, I think the risk is higher of nuclear material leaving India, as the risk of nuclear material leaving Russia.

I agree with the first part of what you've said. India does face a MAJOR crisis ahead -- and I'll bet we both know what it is. But I think India's nuke material, including weapons, is much safer than Pakistan's, at least. I don't really know enough about the real situation with Russian control over nuclear material. I do know they're willing to flirt with letting Iran have nuclear technology ...

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
I agree with the first part of what you've said. India does face a MAJOR crisis ahead -- and I'll bet we both know what it is. But I think India's nuke material, including weapons, is much safer than Pakistan's, at least. I don't really know enough about the real situation with Russian control over nuclear material. I do know they're willing to flirt with letting Iran have nuclear technology ...

Ok .. now it seems I have not been on top of things lately. What are you guys talking about? The N-deal? Kashmir? idiot fundamentalists attacking churches? Damn terrorists bombing innocent people? Floods?

http://news.google.com/news?ned=in&topic=n

Oh yea.. we got a lot going on right now .. so I am not sure exactly what you are talking about

Urwumpe said:
I perceive India not as a stable democracy with only small social differences, but as a developing democracy, with still many trouble spots left, especially in social mobility and protection of religious minorities.You just need enough radicals in military positions to create risks. The Kashmir conflict is just one reason for people to become radical...

I don't get what you man by "developing democracy" . When does a "developing democracy" become a stable one? We have a working constitution, largest voting population, working govt. with considerable distribution of power .. even more so than in the U.S. The President or Prime Minister of India doesn't hold as much power as the POTUS.

Governments have collapsed when they do something stupid/lose support .. and new governments form from fair elections, without any instability or military rule or the like happening in between. We ARE the largest democracy in the world.

We didn't have a Prime Minister who was elected by popular vote but still failed to come to power ( Al Gore anyone??).

Considering protection of religious minorities, there are reservations for minorities, there are places where it works, places where people abuse it. But its working. Our economy is not in shambles. There is poverty, and all other vices, but we HAVE a stable government elected by the people, that abides by and protects a constitution ( which is actually the longest in the world, with a total of 117,369 words in the English version ).

So what is NOT stable?

As for radicals and fundamentalists. They are everywhere. In the U.S there are Creationists, Christian fundamentalists, Scientologists. Here too we have religious fundamentalists of all sorts. The argument about radicals in the military is not applicable only here .. but elsewere as well. But from what he have seen so far .. nothing of the sort has ever happened. The milatry has not gotten a will of its own like what happened in Pakistan ( with the coup and all).

And about us arguing on .. , true ..

When I think of Germany .. what comes to mind, is your Coyote avatar, Michael Schumacher, Wernher von Braun, Einstein, Planck, "Das Auto" ( from those VW ads ) ....

So I am probably be thinking all Germans look like the wily coyote riding either rockets or driving Volkswagens like Mr. Schumacher.:rofl:

So lets just get along :cheers: . And hope that the PROBE UNITES us all !! HAIL THE PROBE!!