North Korean Sattelite Launch?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I suggest looking in your glove box first. ;)

Glove box! A quaint phrase, haven't heard that in donkey's years. I always thought it unique to British cars.
Long gone here, I haven't worn gloves for some time, especially when driving, but I don't get out much now.;)

I bet they bring back trafficators next.

N.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Glove box! A quaint phrase, haven't heard that in donkey's years. I always thought it unique to British cars.
Long gone here, I haven't worn gloves for some time, especially when driving, but I don't get out much now.;)

I bet they bring back trafficators next.

N.

I've always heard it as "glove compartment" here in the States.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Amazing, I thought it was now just called, that bit below the dashboard on the passengers side where you keep all the junk that dosen't fit in the pockets on the doors?

Maybe glove-box is easier....

N.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=430006

TOKYO, March 26 KYODO

North Korea has positioned what is believed to be a Taepodong-2 long-range ballistic missile on the launch pad at a facility in Musudanri, sources close to Japan-U.S. relations said Wednesday night.
North Korea has said it plans to send a satellite into orbit from the facility between April 4 and 8. But Japan, the United States and South Korea suspect the planned launch may actually be a test-firing of a ballistic missile.

mjessick

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
(Assuming some high G at last stage cutoff), the difference between an orbital flight and a reentry over a civilized country is only cutting off around 10 seconds early.

rodion_herrera

Moonwatcher
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
astronomicalsolutions.com
(Assuming some high G at last stage cutoff), the difference between an orbital flight and a reentry over a civilized country is only cutting off around 10 seconds early.

In my multistage.dll Taepodong 1 project tests, I launched at an azimuth of about 41 degrees. The burn time was 27 seconds, and yes when I cut it down to about 12 seconds, in several attempts, it would be suborbital, and the third stage would end up either somewhere in Nevada or Salton Sea area, or Baja California.

-RODION

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-military-to-destroy-North-Korea-rocket.html

Japan orders military to destroy North Korea rocket

"I issued the necessary order to the Self-Defence Forces ... to prepare for an event in which a North Korean projectile falls onto our country in an accident," Defence Minister Yasukazu Hamada said.

"It is important to deal with and eliminate the North Korean projectile should it threaten the safety and security of the people by entering our airspace or falling into our waters or soil."

Patriot surface-to-air missiles are being deployed in coastal regions of Akita and Iwate prefectures, north of Tokyo, while two Maritime Self-Defence Force destroyers are expected to put to sea from the naval base at Sasebo, near Nagasaki, in the near future and take up station in the Sea of Japan.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The US Navy has also moved ships (or is in the process of doing so) capable of shooting down the rocket to Sea of Japan.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
773korea.jpg

ISIS (Institute for Science and International Security) image of the Taepodong missile sitting on the launch pad at Musudan-ri. Image acquired by DigitalGlobe on March 29 at 11:00 A.M. local time.

Namahage

Reaction score
The PAC-3 missile systems rolled into Akita last night under cover of darkness so as not to scare the locals. One of the trucks took a wrong turn and ended up stuck in the baseball stadium parking lot for 3 hours. I hope they kill targets better than they U-turn.

With a max 150km effective range they will be unable to protect anything other than the city and immediate surrounding areas. The U.S. has stated they will only intercept the rocket if it looks like it's heading to Hawaii[citation needed].

Weather reports are showing bad weather for 4th, 5th. Anticipating a launch on the 6th.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
SigTib, that's the same image I posted yesterday ;)

I'm still failing to see what all the fuss is about. Let them test their launch system (which IS a launch system, not a BM). It'd be more interesting from an intelligence point of view to see what it can do rather than just blowing it out of the sky like a petulant child would.

Namahage

Reaction score
SigTib, that's the same image I posted yesterday ;)

I'm still failing to see what all the fuss is about. Let them test their launch system (which IS a launch system, not a BM). It'd be more interesting from an intelligence point of view to see what it can do rather than just blowing it out of the sky like a petulant child would.

Japan lost hundreds of thousands of people to nuclear weapons not too long ago. N. Korea actively pursues WMD and their delivery systems and shoot them over Japan (sometimes without warning) and spout such rhetoric as "we will attack without mercy" on an almost daily basis. Their fascist government is poor and the people are starving and desperate.

I believe the government of Japan is merely trying to show the people there might be some hope of defense if something, someday were to happen. Hopefully this doesn't offend the European sensibilities too much. If so, let me humbly apologize on their behalf.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Their fascist government is poor and the people are starving and desperate.

I doubt that shooting down their missile will help the people too much.:lol:

I believe the government of Japan is merely trying to show the people there might be some hope of defense if something, someday were to happen. Hopefully this doesn't offend the European sensibilities too much. If so, let me humbly apologize on their behalf.
Doesn't offend me in the slightest, Japan can do whatever the hell it wants, it's a sovereign country. It'd be highly hypocritical of me to suggest that NK can do what it wants but Japan can't.
Anyway, Japan will be aiming it's missiles at the wrong thing. Taepodong is designed as a long range missile, aiming that type of thing at Japan would be similar to sending a whole brigade against one soldier.
Still, NK doesn't look to be aiming it's missile anywhere near Japan, so they'll probably all be able to go back to port soon enough, it'll be an American problem instead.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
http://www.kcna.co.jp/item/2009/200904/news02/20090402-09ee.html

It is the Japanese reactionaries, the sworn enemy of the Korean people, who are perpetrating the most evil doings over the DPRK's projected satellite launch for peaceful purposes.

It is a legitimate right of a sovereign state in which no one can interfere to use space for peaceful purposes and the above-said satellite launch is a just work for the prosperity of the country and the nation and progress of humankind.

The KPA General Staff solemnly declares as follows to cope with the prevailing situation:

1. If Japan recklessly "intercepts" the DPRK's satellite for peaceful purposes, the KPA will mercilessly deal deadly blows not only at the already deployed intercepting means but at major targets.

2. The U.S. should immediately withdraw its already deployed armed forces if it does not wish to be hurt by the above-said strike as DPRK clarified its stand on its projected satellite launch for peaceful purposes.

3. The south Korean puppet bellicose forces should refrain from disturbing the said launch, the pride of the nation, while currying favor with their U.S. and Japanese masters.

What a flourishing diplomatic language... Like if the old times returned.

http://www.wien-vienna.com/vienna1683.php

Primarily we order You to await Us in Your residence city of Vienna so that We can decapitate You... (...) We will exterminate You and all Your followers... (...) Children and grown-ups will be exposed to the most atrocious tortures before put to an end in the most ignominious way imaginable...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is the last quote from the Eurovision Song Contest?

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now, if that is true, it is the best reason for intercepting the satellite. Even if it does not fall down on Japanese terrain. Just for: OK, did it. Now you can do your promise.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Now, if that is true, it is the best reason for intercepting the satellite. Even if it does not fall down on Japanese terrain. Just for: OK, did it. Now you can do your promise.

Well, they would probably manage to pummel Seoul into the ground with conventional artillery and fire a couple dozen theatre ballistic missiles at Japan before they got obliterated. The DPRK does have the deterrent factor, even if it isn't nuclear.