Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
IP: N/A
Server is currently Down for good

Thanks guys, had a good run but it seems not many are interested anymore!

How to connect:
-On the "Multiplayer" page, click "Network Settings..." and verify that the port range is set to 6112-6122.
-Click "Ok" to return to the Multiplayer page

-On the Multiplayer page, select "Local Network (LAN)" and enter your name (use your O-F name)
-Click "Connect Directly" and enter the above IP address
-Click "Find Sessions"
-The "Trying to Connect..." dialog will pop up, this may take a few minutes
-From then on it acts as joining a normal multiplayer session

Have fun!

If another time works better for you for a scheduled session than Saturdays at 1900 GMT, let me know.

Useful FSX Links:
FSDreamTeam F-18 Forum (the guys who made the F-18 avionics, good tutorials): http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
FSX Blue Angels downloads (contains a fix for the F-18's speedbrake): http://fsxproblueangels.com/downloads.html
Multiplayer Carrier: http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?ID=69&page=6&mark=5000
T-45 Goshawk (one of the best freeware planes out there): Blog Download (must log into flightsim.com, search for files named t45cv185*
F-14 (same guy who made the T-45): http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2009/08/f-14d-tomcat-update-105-with-completely.html
AH-64D Apache (scroll down): http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?ID=65&page=0&mark=813

Updated magvar data (fixes navaids in FSX to match real life): http://hsors.pagesperso-orange.fr/navaids.html

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Some time ago, I had this:
http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

Are you using the same software? Users from FS2002, FS2004 and FSX can connect to the same session and see each other.
Not yet, no--I wanted to see if there was any interest at all. Plus, in my experience, the built-in FSX server is a lot more stable (in terms of flight dynamics) than the FSHost one...the one time I tried to join an FSHost server, planes were jumping all over the place...

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sounds good to me, I'll give it a go! What day/time you wanna try and meet Hielor? Also, I have FSX Deluxe with the Acceleration pack installed, is that compatible with the server?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, I'll give it a go! What day/time you wanna try and meet Hielor? Also, I have FSX Deluxe with the Acceleration pack installed, is that compatible with the server?
Yes, the server is running Deluxe with SP2, which means people with Acceleration can join (I did test it).

I was thinking sometime Saturday mid-afternoon (like 3 eastern) would probably be the most universally accessible time.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Sweet! If it appears in one of the lobbys, we should probably set a password to prevent non-orbinauts from joining. Also, I vote we sticky this thread so we always have the IP address in view.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

By the way, I'm online right now, if anyone's up for some flying.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sweet! If it appears in one of the lobbys, we should probably set a password to prevent non-orbinauts from joining. Also, I vote we sticky this thread so we always have the IP address in view.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

By the way, I'm online right now, if anyone's up for some flying.
It doesn't appear on Gamespy. I've had issues remaining connected to Gamespy for longer than a few minutes after the game starts, and Gamespy adds unnecessary latency (and it's a PITA to join the lobby when it's busy).

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Ok.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 03:58 PM ----------

Also, by Eastern time, did you mean the Eastern US?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 03:58 PM ----------

Also, by Eastern time, did you mean the Eastern US?
Yes. That's early enough that the Europeans should still be able to get on (although they'd probably have bad lag) but late enough that I should be able to wake up by then.

Also, aren't you up a bit late? :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Reminder: Session TODAY (April 11, 2009) at 1500 (3:00pm) American Eastern Daylight Time--1200 (12:00pm; noon) American Pacific Daylight Time -- 1900 (7:00pm) GMT.

I'm thinking we should take some prop planes and go slight-seeing, maybe check out Mt Rainier, but really we can do whatever and will figure it out when we're all there. The server should be up, so just join as you want.

Hopefully the server can handle it... ;)

Last edited:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
3:00 works for me. I'll be sure to have Fraps running.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Ok, it's about 12:30 here. I'm waiting in the lobby.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Excellent session there guys! The server seemed to do pretty well. The only issue I noticed was that Lambo was jumping around a bit, but that's probably because he's on the far end of the country from me.

I've added a couple useful links for the FSX F-18 to the original post. If you know of any other good informational (or addon) sites let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
That was great fun indeed guys! When I joined it was just Hielor and Pilot on the server. We decided to do a flight from Key West NAS to Pensacola NAS in F-18s when Lambo joined the fun just before departure.

So we made it out of Key West and flew VFR along the Florida cost...
of-fsx1.jpg

Once we flew a ways up the coast we realized we weren't going to make our planned destination because we were running out of fuel fast! In the end we split off from the Pensacola flight plan and flew to the Cape landing on the shuttle strip. We taxied off the runway, parked our birds, and headed out for a bite to eat while the planes were refueled...
of-fsx2.jpg

To be continued... :speakcool:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Way cool

But I suppose you need the acceleration pack to fly F-18s? I only have the deluxe version of FSX.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Way cool

But I suppose you need the acceleration pack to fly F-18s? I only have the deluxe version of FSX.
Correct, the F-18 comes with Acceleration.

It's only $20 though, and well-worth it--the F-18 alone is as good as some payware airplanes that you'd drop $20 for. Plus, with the ACES team fired, there's some word on the street that it may be very difficult to get ahold of it soon...the company store was already out of them last week :(

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Correct, the F-18 comes with Acceleration.

It's only $20 though, and well-worth it--the F-18 alone is as good as some payware airplanes that you'd drop $20 for. Plus, with the ACES team fired, there's some word on the street that it may be very difficult to get ahold of it soon...the company store was already out of them last week :(

Only $20 hu? If that's brand new, then E-bay/amazon will have it same or cheaper.

Might be worth it,

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Only $20 hu? If that's brand new, then E-bay/amazon will have it same or cheaper.

Might be worth it,
Don't buy it used. It requires online activation, and can only be activated twice.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
That was great fun indeed guys! When I joined it was just Hielor and Pilot on the server. We decided to do a flight from Key West NAS to Pensacola NAS in F-18s when Lambo joined the fun just before departure.

So we made it out of Key West and flew VFR along the Florida cost...
{screen shot}

Once we flew a ways up the coast we realized we weren't going to make our planned destination because we were running out of fuel fast! In the end we split off from the Pensacola flight plan and flew to the Cape landing on the shuttle strip. We taxied off the runway, parked our birds, and headed out for a bite to eat while the planes were refueled...
{screen shot}

To be continued... :speakcool:
hehe cool, I'm in the first pic.
BTW, you didn't tell them about my epic struggle to land a powerless bird!
(OK, it wasn't that epic, since the airport was right next to me.)

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

of-fsx1.jpg

This picture encourages me to make our own O-F squadron. How about "Celestia Squadron"?

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hehe cool, I'm in the first pic.
BTW, you didn't tell them about my epic struggle to land a powerless bird!
(OK, it wasn't that epic, since the airport was right next to me.)

Oh sorry about that, I didn't see you land there, I just remembered you were the last to pull up at KSC. :)