Gaming O-F Dedicated FSX Server

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
It's ok. A true hero doesn't need people to know about his deeds
_:hotcool:
<[]>
_/\

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 09:53 PM ----------

BTW, when do you guys want to have another session?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'd like to make the Saturday time a consistent thing; we'll start around 1500 EDT (1900 GMT) and just go until we run out of people. Anyone can join and leave as they become available or not.

Does that work for most?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sounds good to me, though I won't be here this weekend for it, going to Austin. :)

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
After making some tweaks and a defragmentation I now get a good FPS. I'll be ready to join today.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Weird, I was in the NASA paint. Why was everyone else see me in the Blue Angels paint?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sorry I couldn't make it today guys. We were planning a trip to Austin this weekend, but the weather turned really bad on us, so we had to finally cancel. Looks like fun, maybe we can do it again tomorrow, I'll be here all day as far as I know.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'm game for a session tomorrow, although I may have a friend over, and I'd feel bad just having him sit out.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Is your server running all the time, because i just tryed to connect and i could not.

I would be up for a session at 1500 Eastern US on the 19th.

Matt

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it today guys. We were planning a trip to Austin this weekend, but the weather turned really bad on us, so we had to finally cancel. Looks like fun, maybe we can do it again tomorrow, I'll be here all day as far as I know.
Pilot was in the lobby for awhile and I was keeping an eye on the server, but we didn't see anyone else join. I slept in today though (didn't wake up till like 1700 EDT) so if anyone was there sooner we might've missed them.

Weird, I was in the NASA paint. Why was everyone else see me in the Blue Angels paint?
Yeah, we were all seeing you in the Blue Angels paint job. Have you downloaded any other liveries for the F/A-18? Next time you're on the server we'll try to figure it out.

Is your server running all the time, because i just tryed to connect and i could not.
Yes, it is up all the time. By "just" do you mean just now right before you posted? If so, I don't know--maybe you have to set up some firewall or router connections. Make sure you have the ports set up correctly in FSX (see the first post). If you tried to connect any time Friday, the server was down, since Windows helpfully decided to restart to install an update. *mutter mutter*

I would be up for a session at 1500 Eastern US on the 19th.
Like I said, I overslept :/. Had kind of a late night last night.

Are you still unable to connect? Join the Orbiter IRC channel and I'll see if we can figure it out.

Current plan I guess is to go again next Saturday the 25th at 1500 EDT...

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I found the problem with the F-18. I recently read a tutorial on how to give the F-18 flares, but i didn't want them to conflict with the Blue Angel smoke system. So, I made the Blue Angel F-18s a seperate class with their own smoke system. Of course, now each set of F-18s only has 6 skins. So when FSX sees one of you has selected F-18 12, it gets all confused and sees it as the default F-18 1, which is the NASA repaint.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I found the problem with the F-18. I recently read a tutorial on how to give the F-18 flares, but i didn't want them to conflict with the Blue Angel smoke system. So, I made the Blue Angel F-18s a seperate class with their own smoke system. Of course, now each set of F-18s only has 6 skins. So when FSX sees one of you has selected F-18 12, it gets all confused and sees it as the default F-18 1, which is the NASA repaint.
So why couldn't you have "Blue Angels F-18s" which don't have the flares and only have the 6 blue angels skins, and then have the "Normal FSX F-18s" which do have the flares and have all of the original skins (and have the original class name so it uses those in multiplayer)? Also, all F-18s have the smoke system, not just the Blue Angels skins...

Yes, if you modify your default airplanes, you can run into problems like that in multiplayer. That's why you shouldn't modify your default airplanes...

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I Disabled my firewalls but I am still getting the "cannot create connection to host" message.

I think that it may be my router

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server is down temporarily because for whatever reason it was interfering with my connection to work (I'm working from home today, not feeling well). Server will be back up in ~7 hours.

On that note, has anyone actually used the server during the week? For the sake of my own sanity (and power bill) I'm considering just having the server run Thursday evening through Monday evening, which should cover any weekend flights anyone wants to do, and if someone wants to do a session during the week I'll bring it up for that. Any complaints?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server's back up (and has been for a couple days).

As a reminder, there will be a session TOMORROW, 4/25/2009, at 1200 PDT (1500 EDT, 1900 GMT). The host is at Honolulu--there's some good sight-seeing in the Hawaii area if y'all want to take some more traditional planes rather than the F-18s. We can of course go anywhere, though.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, some differrent planes would be nice. Maybe some sightseeing in a Maule Orion.