Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I meant today guys. I need to run over to my girlfriend's new place for a little while this afternoon to help with a few things, but I should be home and able to join the server by 4 or 5pm EST. I'll be home for the night at that point so I can hang out in the server for a while. I'd like to get many people in there at once. It should be a fun video with everyone attempting to land. Don't worry if you can't do it good, crashes will make the video funny!!

Hopefully see some of you guys there! :cheers:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Great! Enough time for me to do some landings. (And try it with a Learjet again. I'm on the server allready, doing some landing training. I have an addon that can create carriers, that's a great thing for singleplayer, in Multiplayer only I can see them. Can't wait to see me landing in a Youtube video. :speakcool: :cheers:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ok, I'm home now. Just need to get my PC setup and sort out my mic issues so I can talk. See you guys there soon!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Some more fun screenshots:

Attachments

• 2009-5-25_14-20-57-359.jpg
    2009-5-25_14-20-57-359.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 15
  • 2009-5-25_14-22-21-366.jpg
    2009-5-25_14-22-21-366.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 15
  • 2009-5-25_14-29-59-333.jpg
    2009-5-25_14-29-59-333.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 14
  • 2009-5-25_14-32-26-169.jpg
    2009-5-25_14-32-26-169.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2009-5-25_15-15-55-248.jpg
    2009-5-25_15-15-55-248.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 25

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And one more...

Attachments

• wideawake_predawn_t45.jpg
    wideawake_predawn_t45.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 19

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Astrosammy and Hielor were the only one's who showed up I was able to film. TL8 was there, but he was all over the place and impossible to film. You need a mic mate so we can communicate, or use the chat window. :p

Video was made in a few hours, nothing uber fancy, just some good fun!

Watch on Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/4839351

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SWW25YT7

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Aw, I missed it AGAIN! And I could have been in a video this time! Anyway, I'm sorry I keep missing the sessions. I guess I was just busy playing other games, my interest in FSX has dimmed down a bit. If we have another session this friday, I can join in. It will be after my Vacination though :eek:h:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Aw, I missed it AGAIN! And I could have been in a video this time! Anyway, I'm sorry I keep missing the sessions. I guess I was just busy playing other games, my interest in FSX has dimmed down a bit. If we have another session this friday, I can join in. It will be after my Vacination though :eek:h:
Hang out in the IRC channel. That's where things get discussed. Also, the information was in this thread for several days.

Also, we have consistently had the Saturday session every week at the same time for the past two months. Set it on your calendar! :p

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'll add it to the Orbiter Forum calendar, maybe when can get more people this way.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Staff Note: Off-Topic posts removed.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I tried connecting to the server Wednsday, and it said the server couldn't be found. I hope I can get it fixed by Saturday. BTW, what are we planning on doing this week? More carrier ops, or just sight seeing again? I would record this weeks session, but Fraps causes a lot of lag whenever it stops recording for some reason, which is a problem during formation, or when on a moving carrier.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I tried connecting to the server Wednsday, and it said the server couldn't be found.

I don't think the server is up 24/7. I believe he only puts it up on the weekends.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I tried connecting to the server Wednsday, and it said the server couldn't be found. I hope I can get it fixed by Saturday. BTW, what are we planning on doing this week? More carrier ops, or just sight seeing again? I would record this weeks session, but Fraps causes a lot of lag whenever it stops recording for some reason, which is a problem during formation, or when on a moving carrier.
Tex is correct. No one was using the server during the week, so I tend to just put it up sometime Thursday or Friday and then bring it down Monday (or tuesday, in the case of the long weekend). I typically post here when I bring the server up.

I didn't have time to bring it up this morning before I left, but I'll bring it up when I get home.

As for what to do...Carrier ops is fine with me, but if the people who don't have Acceleration get on we may want to switch to something else so they can join.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
We could all go to S28. Neat little surprise for everyone there.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6NUnRQPcM"]YouTube - S28 airport[/ame]

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We could all go to S28. Neat little surprise for everyone there.
YouTube - S28 airport
Haha--while we were flying from Switzerland at one point I saw something similar...it was a deep hole in the ground, which had a raised flat platform in the center for an airport. Didn't mark it down though, I'd have to try to find it again...

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Haha--while we were flying from Switzerland at one point I saw something similar...it was a deep hole in the ground, which had a raised flat platform in the center for an airport. Didn't mark it down though, I'd have to try to find it again...
You mean this?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW-CN7GS_N4&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Airport Glitch, Panama Canal, and Mount Rushmore Footage[/ame]