Obama picks Gration to head NASA

RocketMan_Len

Reaction score
"There are lots of NASA administrators who have come from other areas without a background in space," he said. "You want a guy who is a leader and can manage a large organization."

Leading and managing a large organization is one thing... but I hope the New Guy has some appreciation for The Dream as well. :)

Reaction score
Wow, guess this lends weight to talk of Obama merging the DoD and NASA space programs. Still seems like a strange choice, though. Maybe the idea to bring in someone from outside NASA's internal politics, someone who doesn't have any pet projects and might actually be able to take an unbiased look at the system?

(Of course, the cynical side of me leaps immediately to doing a friend a favor where he "can't do much harm", but I tend not to listen to him anyway.:rolleyes:)

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
(Of course, the cynical side of me leaps immediately to doing a friend a favor where he "can't do much harm", but I tend not to listen to him anyway.:rolleyes:)

I don't think he could do much harm, except with the JPL (Don't touch it)

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
From the airforce?

//serious bit ends here//

I'm still confused as to why they didn't pick me:

"Move! were getting to Mars by 2018!"

"But sir..."

"You're fired!"

:rofl:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I just hope he remembers the classic Airforce project management system, what the Airforce developed for Blue Gemini, MOL and Dynasoar. This one is still taught here as best practise, though even the Airforce got politically forced to drop it.