OBSP needs YOU! - Tester(s) and developers wanted

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Orbiter Battle Simulation Project (as the name suggests) is an attempt to add combat functionality to Orbiter. For nearly 2 years now, RisingFury and I have been working on this ambitious project, and we're getting closer to a first release! We already have an autopilot (capable of carpet bombing and formation flying, to name a few of its features), a damage model, weaponry, a scripting system that integrates with Orbiter's lua engine and more...

Now we're looking for one or two testers to break it. If you've got a fair amount of free time and know some lua, PM me or RisingFury. This isn't a beta testing phase - we want someone to test our work as we develop it, since some bugs are more subtle and are harder to notice than others.

If anyone's interested, we'd also like anyone with some experience coding Orbiter vessels to help us develop some planes/craft for OBSP (Boeing X-20 Dyna-soar, anyone?). We think planes with built in OBSP functionality (fighter HUDs, combat oriented 2D panels etc) would be much more immersive than an MFD, and a lot cooler. Existing vessels for orbiter could be tried out with combat functionality.

Thanks guys - PM RisingFury or myself.

The attached pictures are of a DG being controlled by the carpet bomb autopilot, which was programmed brilliantly by RisingFury. As you can see, it hits the target (an unsuspecting Shuttle A) pretty accurately!

Attachments

• Bomb5.jpg
    Bomb5.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Bomb3.jpg
    Bomb3.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 25