Gaming Official FSX Multiplayer Thread

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
since missioncommanders "FSX" thread seems to have dissapeared into the great cloud of threads, I decided to start a new one made specifically for organizing multiplayer sessions. I'm starting one right now in Adventures. Plus, now I have a headset, so I might finally be able to talk to everyone!

Star explorer

Reaction score
i would join but i am going to a relatives house for christmas dinner in a few min. sorry

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm out of town and will be until the evening of the 30th. At that point though, I should be available again, although "I'm starting right now" may not work well as I don't know how often I'll be checking the forums.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Alright, I'll hold a session Jan 4th 2:00 Eastern time

-----Post Added-----

Never mind that, I'll host one at 18:00 GMT today

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Alright, I'll hold a session Jan 4th 2:00 Eastern time

-----Post Added-----

Never mind that, I'll host one at 18:00 GMT today

The problem with the "today" is that I don't know when "today" is without checking the post date. You should probably put dates on them.

Plus, as I mentioned before, I won't be available until Dec 30th at the absolute earliest (probably not until the 31st).

Also, if you want high attendance, planning it an hour and a half before won't help. A lot of people don't check the forums more than once or twice a day, so they may not see it before the time.

What we should do is just have a standing time where we get together, like Saturday afternoons or something. After the holidays are over, it'll be a lot easier for people (for example, i'm travelling a lot) to get on at a given time.

When I get to Seattle, I'm going to look into setting up a dedicated FSX multiplayer server for us to use.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, back to the January 5th arangment.

Wait, Jan 4th or Jan 5th? Originally you said Jan 4th, and now you're saying Jan 5th...

-----Post Added-----

I'll try to be on tomorrow the 4th, but I'm going to Space Center Houston with my parents (since none of us have been in ages and I'm moving away soon) so I don't think I'll be able to get on exactly at 2 eastern. The 5th is clear for me, though.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'll have to do it on the 4th or some other day, because I go back to school on the 5th.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
can i join? i join fsx using orbiter and solitaire
Yes, anyone can join. Typically, the host will start a server in the Adventures lobby on gamespy which is somehow obviously for Orbiter (ie, has "Orbiter" or "OF" in the name).

Also, pilot: I'll get on as soon as I can (and post here when I get home). Sorry, I was thinking that you had said the 5th this whole time, so said the 4th was fine for the space center trip.

-----Post Added-----

home and getting on now. If I don't see you, I'll start my own session.

Adventures lobby on Gamespy.

-----Post Added-----

Looks like we're a no-go for today?

I'll still be on for a little while, but may not be in the adventures lobby. if anyone gets on, contact me via pm on gamespy and i'll come out.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok, I'll be hosting a session around 2:00pm EST this Saturday, Jan. 17th. I'll try to have the server up by around 1:45pm EST. It will be in the Adventures lobby on Gamespy, and will have "Orbiter" in the name.

If no one shows up by 3:00pm EST, I'll probably shut that game down but will still be on Gamespy -- feel free to look me up on Gamespy and I'll leave whatever I'm doing to come start a game again.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So yeah, I'm an idiot. I don't have wired internet yet--I've been stealing wireless from my neighbors for the time being, until Comcast decides to come give me internet (2 weeks at least -- I have to get the cable first and then the internet, otherwise I have to pay through the nose for a "professional" to come plug in two cables for me). That's the first issue. The second issue is that even if I did have wireless on my desktop, the connection speed is miserable.

The TL;DR version: I won't be able to host a game tomorrow (or next week or the week after, for that matter). I encourage anyone who does have FSX to still get together though, we should try to make this a weekly thing.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I just got wired internet set up today, and I intend to celebrate by running an FSX session.

Server will be up by 14:00 (2:00pm) EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 25th. I'm going to leave it up for a couple hours at least, since I'll just be doing other stuff in the room if there's no one on.

Hope to see some people there! I'd like to get this to be a weekly sort of thing--what times work best for people?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I just got wired internet set up today, and I intend to celebrate by running an FSX session.

Server will be up by 14:00 (2:00pm) EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 25th. I'm going to leave it up for a couple hours at least, since I'll just be doing other stuff in the room if there's no one on.

Hope to see some people there! I'd like to get this to be a weekly sort of thing--what times work best for people?
I'll see if I can reinstall FSX by then. ;) IM me at [email protected] around that time if I'm not already there. (I may be playing XBOX :p)

-----Post Added-----

I'm available right now. Let me know when you're ready to fly. ;) (turns out I had FSX on the drive that I didn't format :))

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Bah, I overslept. Bringing the server up now (in theory).

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I appear to get CTD whenever joining. Looks like you guys will have to do this one without me.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I appear to get CTD whenever joining. Looks like you guys will have to do this one without me.

Had to do it without Nick, too, because he tried to hack his computer and broke it.

Maybe next week.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Had to do it without Nick, too, because he tried to hack his computer and broke it.

Maybe next week.
:rofl:What an interesting way to put it. You broke my computer and I already fixed it. ;) FSX still hates me though.