OFSS Project Discussions

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm having trouble using the shuttle RMS. [CTRL][SPACE] doesn't open any dialog box. I've done a work-around by using the station RMS for the meantime.
I have a foggy recollection of reading that the arm needs to be kicked out, canted out somekindof out position before the dialog box will open. I've looked through the documentation that comes with shuttle fleet, and I saw another type of interface, but with these goofball hours I'm on I'm all loopy when I get home and can't try it out.
Long and the short of it is should it work straight away with [CTRL][SPACE] or is there a pre-req that I'm missing somewhere?
If it means anything, I'm using the keyboard commands to open the bay doors and deploy the antenna.

bradfirj92

Reaction score
I know ctrl X 'kicks' the arm back into the locked position after use, maybe it's a toggle, try it!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Groovy dudes! I'll try it when I get home.

[CTRL][X] it is... Thanks much. Now time for bed.

Last edited:

radekpl

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.radekpl.net
New orbinauts

Hi. I would like to join to your team. If is possible.
My name Is Radek, I am from Czech republic in Central Europe. Home of Czech cosmonaut Vladimir Remek (Sojuz 28 to station Saljut 6)

I am experienced orbinauts. I can fly with anything who has rockets :)

I am experienced with reenter too with Shuttle fleet, Delta Glider IV, and all XR shuttles.

I can fly with Ariane rockets or with Russian shuttles (Energia or Progress).

What else i can do to this community? I have idea for perfect mission.

For example in mission X when station will be bigger and in station will be space for more orbinauts one pilot will fly ressuply mission with delta glider. But Delta Glider will be stay in Orbital station. Mission X+1 will be with XR-5 to bring some parts to Orbiter station and bring orbinauts from Delta glider back to earth.
Mission X+2 will be with Energia or with Arianne. After succesfully orbit, orbinauts from Station will use docked empty DGIV to bring payload from free orbit to station. It will be difficulty but new in classical mission.

I did sucesfully all misions 1-9 with perfectly landing.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi. I would like to join to your team. If is possible.
My name Is Radek, I am from Czech republic in Central Europe. Home of Czech cosmonaut Vladimir Remek (Sojuz 28 to station Saljut 6)

I am experienced orbinauts. I can fly with anything who has rockets :)

I am experienced with reenter too with Shuttle fleet, Delta Glider IV, and all XR shuttles.

I can fly with Ariane rockets or with Russian shuttles (Energia or Progress).

What else i can do to this community? I have idea for perfect mission.

For example in mission X when station will be bigger and in station will be space for more orbinauts one pilot will fly ressuply mission with delta glider. But Delta Glider will be stay in Orbital station. Mission X+1 will be with XR-5 to bring some parts to Orbiter station and bring orbinauts from Delta glider back to earth.
Mission X+2 will be with Energia or with Arianne. After succesfully orbit, orbinauts from Station will use docked empty DGIV to bring payload from free orbit to station. It will be difficulty but new in classical mission.

I did sucesfully all misions 1-9 with perfectly landing.

Hi, welcome. You need to pick a mission from the schedule HERE which doesn't already have a pilot associated with it. Post here which mission you would like to do. I appreciate your mission ideas, but I've already drawn up the schedule of everything I am planning to do. Right now that's the way it will stay as I simply don't have any more time to contribute to this project other than what I already am.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Tex,

I'd also like to request a flight in December. Either Mission 29, taking the P5/P6 solar panels on the XR5, or Mission 30 taking the CleanRoom up on Endeavour. Would give me about 2 months between flights to let others fly.

Thanks,
n122vu

PriestLizard

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that his is just an awesome project/idea. :) Right now I dont have the time to join the program but once my exam is done, I will applicate ;) When I'm done I will think about a mission I'd like to do and post it here. Basically I can fly vessels used by this project but I'd prefer the space shuttle or DGIV. :)

See you~

Hmuda

Reaction score
Tex,

I'd also like to request a flight in December. Either Mission 29, taking the P5/P6 solar panels on the XR5, or Mission 30 taking the CleanRoom up on Endeavour. Would give me about 2 months between flights to let others fly.

Thanks,
n122vu
If that's ok with you, I would like to fly M29, and you could fly M30, since I have no experience with the shuttle, but you apparetly do.

With my last mission finished, I want to take something permanent up next time, but still leave a long time free for the same reason you do. :)

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
This are missions I could do:
M28, 29, 32, 33, 35.

If there isn't any other request.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If that's ok with you, I would like to fly M29, and you could fly M30, since I have no experience with the shuttle, but you apparetly do.

With my last mission finished, I want to take something permanent up next time, but still leave a long time free for the same reason you do. :)

That's fine with me. Actually I'd prefer it as I'm more familiar with the shuttle than with the XR-5. Whatever Tex decides on the schedule, I'm ok with.

radekpl

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.radekpl.net
I can fly Mission 19 with Discovery. For me is not problem to start from Wideawake Int. I can ascent manually and return to Wideawake too.
But if you prepared launch from KSC, no problem.

Ark

Reaction score
Ever thought about having a construction vehicle on-station for towing modules around, as an alternative to the limited abilities of RMS arms? I'm working on a station now, and putting one of these things up with it has made everything a LOT easier: http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2866

It's quite simple to just grab modules out of a Shuttle or XR5 cargo bay and install them on the target ports, or move around existing modules. At least, I find it a lot easier than using a URMS or Shuttle arm.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just wanted to let you guys know I've seen your requests for upcoming missions, I just haven't had time to update the schedule yet. I'll do that now and post the updated schedule shortly.

*EDIT - Because there are many flights still open I will allow people to reserve a maximum of 2 flights at a time.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'd like M-28 if it's not to soon after my previous mission.

It looks like someone already requested that flight 2 posts before yours. I've posted the updated schedule here, so take a look at it and let me know what mission you'd like to do for your second flight.

Ark

Reaction score
Since we're reserving 2, can I fly M27? I <3 the Esastar.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In that case, I'd like M33, If someone has already asked for that mission, M35 is acceptable.