Support OGLA VS D3d9 client by Jarmonic

Interceptor

Reaction score
HI,I am going to give these two addons a try,but I have a couple of questions about them 1.can you use OGLA,and the D3d9 client in the same orbiter2010P1 install? 2.can you go back to the orginal orbiter graphics after the install of either?and 3.what exactly do you need to get it running correctly?also ,4. do I need to be online to use it?,and 5.,whats the difference between OGLA,and the D3d9 client?Thanks

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
2. Yes you can, because to run the client, you must open it with orbiter_ng.exe. So, if you run the 'normal' orbiter.exe, you'll have the original graphics. At least I think so. And you don't need to be online. Only to download it xD

Last edited:

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Yes. The clients are just special addon modules.
But you can't have them enabled at the same time, that's like trying to run Windows and Mac at the same time on one machine.

Yes. To run the clients you have to use the Orbiter_ng.exe NOT your normal Orbiter.exe.
You can't use the clients in Orbiter.exe, that's just the "inline" engine.
You can't use the inline client in Orbiter_ng.exe, that's just for the clients! Geddit?

Want clients? Run Orbiter_ng.exe
Want the normal graphics? Run Orbiter.exe

Just unzip, run Orbiter_ng.exe, enable the modules in the launchpad (like other addons), your done.
But don't do more than one at the same time.

Nope. It's nothing to do with mulitplayer.

The inline engine (i.e. the normal graphics mode) is Direct X 7 tech.

Jarmo's D3D9 uses Direct X 9, a newer, more powerful graphics tech. I can't use it, my graphics card isn't good enough!

Artlav's OGLA client uses Open GL graphics stuff to work.

I could be totally wrong... :lol:

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
But you can't have them enabled at the same time, that's like trying to run Windows and Mac at the same time on one machine. I mean can you put them in the same orbiter install,as the other,not run them together at the same time.Thanks for the info.:tiphat:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"client" is a computery term for any "potentially undetermined piece of software that sends and receives info to/from another in a specific way"

it basically a concept built around that you don't need to know excatly what's going on down at the other end, as long as both ends communicate in a standardized, concise way...

you can see how fittingly this concept applies to web-based stuff, so much that it actually became loaded with this over-the-net connotation, even though it's not just about that :rolleyes:

server/client is just a design pattern, doesn't imply "web-focused", even though that's what it means most of the time... (not here)

:thumbup:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
whats the difference between OGLA,and the D3d9 client?Thanks

OGLA uses OpenGL, has some really nifty gimmicks like terrain randering, but is still Alpha.

D3D9 uses DirectX9, doesn't have quite the feature set of OGLA, but is practically finished, so all the features it provides actually work without much hassle.

Fert

Reaction score
You can use ORULEX with default client (Orbiter.exe),
but OGLA have internal terrain rendering module,which
work better,but OGLA is not finished.